Friday, March 9, 2012

Blue Orchid Painting Taking Shape


"Jumping at several small opportunities may get us there more quickly than waiting for the big one to come along."  ~ Hugh Allen


















©Blue Orchids, Watercolor in Progress, March 8, 2012
   By Laura Leeder


My progress on this painting has been slow.  It's been a busy week filled with out of town appointments, and very little time spent in the studio!  Still, I managed to find a few minutes each day to add some color to these orchids.  I now have a better idea of the colors I will use on the commissioned piece.  (a little less violet as the underpainting)


I spent the afternoon yesterday at Art Works Gallery in Sandpoint, Idaho.  The weather co-operated and it turned out to be a beautiful day for a drive across the border. The artist's have been busy re-organizing, and cleaning the gallery, getting ready for the spring season.  You can check out the gallery through it's website or better still, stop in and visit the next time your in the area.


Website:  http://www.sandpointartworks.com


As I'm feeling burnt out today,  I will spend my day catching up on emails, house hold chores that can be done on auto-pilot followed by a walk in the country this afternoon.  Then with all the appointments and necessary household tasks out of the way, I can get back into the studio tomorrow and finish this piece!
(I must get started on the actual commission with these orchids)


Happy Friday Everyone,


Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

5 comments:

Judy said...

It's beautiful, Laura! I have never seen a blue orchid!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Judy, it still has a way's to go before I can call it finished.

Enjoy your day!

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

Looking good, Laura - the colours are really rich.

Christiane Kingsley said...

It really looks very beautiful. It makes such sense to work everything out on a small scale before jumping into a large commission!
I am impressed by the Artworks gallery: very high quality work! You are quite fortunate to be part of it, Laura.

Laura Leeder said...

Christiane, I'm so glad I did also! I now know to make some color changes.
Art Works has a great group of artisans. I spend a day at the gallery once a month, the down side is that it's 1 1/2 hr drive each way and across the border.
All the best, Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...