Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No Finished Painting Of Pears Just Yet.....

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."  ~John Burroughs  




















©Pears, Watercolor In Progress, March 21, 2012
   Laura Leeder

And I would add to the above quote:  "and all the paintings that I want to create!"  It seems of late, that I am spending more and more time sitting at the computer trying to catch up on paperwork, or on-line marketing and far less time in my studio!  Right about now....I would love to be sitting on a beach somewhere tropical, looking out at the ocean and sipping a Mai Tai!   

Now back to reality......
I squeezed in some time in my studio yesterday and manged to get more color on this piece.  I've removed the miskit from the leaves, so I can now finish them up by softening in some areas, adding deeper values in others, and reclaim some of the white that I've lost on the edges. Still to do.....a lot more work on the pears and table top.  (right about now I wish I had a magic wand!.....tried wrinkling my nose, nothing!)    

Hope your day is a good one!

Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC      

 




4 comments:

Judy said...

I hope you find time to paint, Laura!

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

Coming along beautifully, Laura - yummmmm.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Judy! I know I need to work through a bit more of the paperwork so that my time in the studio is fun and productive! All the best!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...