Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eggs or Apples? Watercolor By Laura Leeder

"Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it" 
  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson






















©Golden Delicious, Watercolor, 8.25"x6.25"
    Laura Leeder

I thought about painting Easter egg's.....I decided on this golden apple instead!

This small apple painting is almost complete.  I just need to study it for a day or two. I think it definitely needs deeper color in the shadow areas and maybe a bit of fine tuning elsewhere.    

I am also working on the sketch for a red apple painting to compliment this one.  As well, I have been working on the sketch for my orchid and teacup commission.  It's ready to be transferred to watercolour paper and I will start the painting next week.  (I can't put it off any longer as the orchid I am using is down to 3 blossoms!)  I have photographs to work from, however, I still want to study the real blossoms as they are small and very complicated.

Next week, I will share information about an upcoming project that I am working on and very excited about.  (It's for a very good cause)

Wishing you a Happy Easter weekend,

Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC   

4 comments:

Judy said...

I like the golden apple! And I am sure you'll make a wonderful orchid painting! I always appreciate your quotes at the top of your post, this one is a beautiful thought!
Good luck with your project!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Judy! Your kind words are always apprecialed....all the best.

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

Just catching up, Laura - this is lovely and destined to become more so, I suspect.

Laura Leeder said...

I hope so, many thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...