Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Teacup Painting To Help Pink Garden Tea Fundraiser

"Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day."           
       ~Sally Koch
















©Painting In Progress, Pink Rose with Tea
   Laura Leeder, May 23, 2012

Here's a peak at the latest painting I am working on.....yes, another teacup!  This painting is part of a local fundraising event to help raise funds for cancer patients in our area. 

The event is organized by local business owner Debbie Graham of Orchard Glass, Creston, BC.  Last year, Debbie held her 1st Pink Garden Tea and it was such a success that she is doing it again this year.  

One Limited Edition Giclee Print of this painting will be donated and auctioned off in support of the Pink Garden Tea Campaign.  The funds raised this year will be used to help the East Kootenay area raise money for a new digital mammography called "clear view".  The current machine at the Cranbrook Hospital will be obsolete in 2 years and campaigns are being held throughout the region to assist in raising the one million dollars needed for this machine.   

This year's "Pink Garden Tea" will be held this summer on Friday evening, July 27th and Saturday afternoon, July 28th.  There will be a Tea Market and Boutique set up on the grounds, with tea tastings and tea related products available for sale.  Details are still being worked out, more information will be posted as plans are finalized.   

The cost of this tea is "by donation" and your reserved seating can be purchased through Debbie Graham at mailto:potter22telus.net   (more information coming soon....)   

I am proud to be a part of this important cause......now back to the studio and this painting!  Hmmm.... I need a title for this painting.....any ideas?  Please send me your suggestions and if I use your title I will send you a package of teacup note cards!

Artfully Yours,
Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston,BC  

28 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

HOpe the fundraiser is successful! Lovely painting.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You CreekHiker!

Win Dinn said...

It's already looking lovely, Laura, and I'm sure it will be a huge success at the fundraiser!

Janina B. said...

Wünsche Dir viel Erfolg.
Dein Bild ist bezaubernd.
Herzliche Grüsse
janina

Laura Leeder said...

Win, I sure hope it turns out well...too soon to tell!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You janina!

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Good luck with your fundraiser for this worthy cause!

Aulani Photography and BH Giveaways said...

What a great event and a great piece you made for it. I love the coloring on the rose.

Ana said...

Gorgeous painting. Hope the fundraiser goes well and you raise plenty of funds to help the Cancer patients in your area. I'm currently taking part in a similar fundraising Exhibition and it's to do with helping children. It's a very inspirational and positive thing to do. Let us know how you get on

Rita Vaselli said...

Hello,Laura!A cup romantic, it almost seems the memory of a cup ... a memory of a special moment.
A tea for two ... the smell of rose thea with the scent of the.
"The Fragrance of Thea".
I hope to be helpful!
Rita

Ruth said...

Gorgeous painting, good luck with your fund raiser :)

CalliopeCreations said...

What a lovely and generous activity. Your teacup is beautiful.

Katie Oskin said...

I truly hope that the fundraiser goes well for you and for the cause. It's LOVELY by the way!

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Mona!

Laura Leeder said...

That's great Ana! Let me know how you do as well, many thanks.

Laura Leeder said...

That's lovely Rita, I will keep that title in my thoughts. All the best.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank you Aulani and Ruth! I appreciate your comments.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank you Aulani and Ruth! I appreciate your comments.

Laura Leeder said...

Katie and Caliope...thanks for stopping by, I do hope the event is very succesful!

Dorene said...

Ok, my not so original title....Tea Roses.....

IsabellesAttic said...

what a great cause! good luck!

Judy said...

That is a very good cause, Laura, and I hope the fundraiser will be successful! The painting will be beautiful! I have been thinking about a title, something with 'clear view' in it, I think.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank Dorene! I will keep it in mind.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank Judy, I will keep that in mind....all the best.

MagicByLeah said...

Beautiful painting and for such a wonderful cause!!
Why not title the painting cause related?
Tea For Life? Pink Tea?

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Leah, I will consider those title suggestions!

Nora MacPhail said...

Good luck with your fundraiser. It's a lovely painting. The whites are so beautiful and reflective.
Have a great creative weekend.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Nora and the same to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...