Friday, July 6, 2012

ArtWalk Venue Cherrybrook Farms, 2012


This year I have the pleasure of displaying my work along with mixed media artist Win Dinn at Cherrybrook Farms.  This is part of the Creston Valley Eastshore ArtWalk and Studio Tours that runs this July and August.  

Gord and Caroline Martin operate this family run orchard with their children, Peter and Laura. Their fruit stand boasts a variety of local fruit and offers a variety of merchandise including family shares in a cherry tree, Dutch treats, and souvenirs and just in......Old Gouda and Spiced Gouda cheese!  I can't wait to try some!   

I will be at Cherrybrook Farms this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon to paint.  They have a large covered deck out back that looks out onto the surrounding cherry orchards. There is also a miniature town with it's own railway set up, out back.  

I can listen to the birds and the hum of the trains moving across the tracks while admiring the beauty of the orchards.  Now doesn't that sound nice?

If you are out and about today or tomorrow, please stop in to view the artwork, check out the variety of local fruits, and merchandise.  Enjoy a coffee, tea or cherry juice and taste the baked fruit treat of the day.    

Cherrybrook Farms is located in the scenic Creston Valley at 2215 Erickson Road and their new fruit stand is at 2931 Highway 3.

Please note:  
All participating ArtWalk venues will have a poster displayed.  Make sure you pick up your passport / brochure provided by any of the participants, get them stamped or validated at any five venues, and enter to win a $50 gift certificate for artwork of your choice.  Simply place your name and phone number on the brochure and submit to Kingfisher Books.here in Creston. 

Have a great day,
Laura Leeder

Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

6 comments:

Win Dinn said...

Enjoy your painting time on this stunning Friday - Cherrybrook will be pure delight on the deck today.

Save a strawberry or two for me!

Laura Leeder said...

I couldn't agree more, a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon!

I will try and save a berry or two, no promises!

Enjoy your day!

L.W.Roth, said...

It sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day Laura. I wish I could attend. I love painting. I love cheeses, I adore cherries and your work.

Vicki Greene said...

Yes, it does sound like a delightful way to spend and afternoon. Enjoy!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. It was a fun and relaxing afternoon.

By the way, the
Gouda Cheese didn't disappoint! I tried the Old Gouda today....so good!

It's been a long time since I've had the real Gouda from Holland.

Judy said...

Looks like you had a great time! Mmmmm old Gouda! I also like old cheese made from goat's milk, a little smellier! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...