Wednesday, July 4, 2012

"I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains.  One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness."
  ~Adeline Knapp








©West Creston area, July 2, 2012
    Photo by Laura Leeder

We have been getting a lot of rain throughout BC and here in the Kootenays our rivers and lakes are spilling over.  Ivor and I took a drive around the Creston area the other day to see some of the flooding for ourselves.  I thought I'd share a few of the photo's.

©Kuskanook Harbour, East Shore, Kootenay Lake
    Photo by Laura Leeder


©Boat Dock at Kuskanook Harbour
    Photo by Laura Leeder

Clearly there will be no boats launched anytime soon.  All the boats have been removed from their slips, all I wonder where they all ended up?


©Pondering the high water, Kuskanook Harbour
    Photo by Ivor Huston


A change in the forecast, today is the first day in week's with clear skies and sunshine. With any luck I can photograph what's left of my roses tomorrow, as we are anticipating a few more days of sunshine and high temperatures......

I've had a few, very busy weeks, working on some possible future projects....I hope to announce one of them in the next few days.  I am also working on my website and giving it a new look with the option to buy artwork directly from it.  It should be up and running by next month.  

Creatively yours, 
Laura Leeder

Watercolour Artist,  Creston,BC

6 comments:

Judy said...

The weather seems off all over the globe! Enjoy the sunshine and good luck with your projects!

Rita Vaselli said...

Dear Laura, here in northern Europe rain while in southern Europe,where I live, 40 C (104 F) in the shade ....
From yesterday's rain (at end...) and decrease in temperatures.
A pity for the roses! Summer is the time of the garden
and too much rain spoils everything ... Hugs, dear Laura, I hope you can soon enjoy the roses.

Laura Leeder said...

Yes, it seem's the weather is off everywhere. Summer has hidden her lovely face. I am high and dry, thank goodness.

Laura Leeder said...

Studio At The Farm said:

I agree with Judy - the weather world-wide is really out of whack. I had no idea it was so bad in the Kootenays. I hope you are safe!


OOPS! sorry, i hit delete by accident. Yes, we are high and dry, thank you!

John Simlett said...

Same here ... as we speak the hill I live on is turning into an island. They are forecasting six months rain in two days!!

Fortunately the electricity supply is intact so I can have my hourly 'cuppa rosy lea" (Cockney rhyming slang for cup of tea)

Vicki Greene said...

Enjoy the sunshine! We just went through having 12 inches of rain with Debby but now it is sunny and hot, hot, hot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...