Monday, August 27, 2012

Powder Creek Falls, Kootenay Lake, BC


"When summer opens, I see how fast it matures, and fear it will be short; but after the heats of July and August, I am reconciled, like one who has had his swing, to the cool of autumn."      - Ralph Waldo Emerson 



©Don taking a close-up photo of the falls
    Photo, Laura Leeder


We enjoyed a day of boating, followed by a picnic on the beach at Powder Creek with friends Don & Cori.   Powder Creek is a beautiful spot on the north-east end of Kootenay Lake.   We often fish at the mouth of the creek for kokanee and trout.  

However, on this day's trip we moored the boat to enjoy a picnic lunch.  Just a few minutes walk through the forest is an unexpected and stunning waterfall.  



©Cori and my husband Ivor 
    Photo, Laura Leeder


















©Powder Creek Falls
    Photo, Laura Leeder 

















©Forest path from the beach to the falls
    Photo, Laura Leeder


 

















©Back to the beach at Powder Creek, Kootenay Lake

Another enjoyable day on the Kootenay Lake with friends and good weather!

As August comes to a close I find myself thinking about getting back to painting and my art business.  I've been thinking about both over the last few weeks and the direction I want to explore this fall and winter.  (More on this in the next few weeks)  

I'm currently working on completing several paintings for the upcoming Images Art Show and Sale this November here in Creston.    
  
I've also photographed several floral set-ups that I am excited to start painting this fall as well.  Some of which will be featured as new greeting cards.   

In the meantime, there are a few more trips to the lake and beaches we hope to explore before the summer temperatures start to dip.  

Artfully Yours,

Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston,BC 

4 comments:

L.W.Roth, said...

Grab every moment of delightful weather I say too. Enjoy.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Linda, I so agree!

Win Dinn said...

As I play catch-up from my vacation, I see these lovely photos - no wonder you and Ivor are so anxious to get 'up the lake' each year. Sending wishes for Ivor's speedy recovery.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Win, it is a beautiful area....so glad that we were able to spend some time there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...