Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome Autumn! Maple Leaf painting by Laura Leeder

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."  
  ~Emily Bronte




©Maple Leaf, Original Watercolour Painting By Laura Leeder
   Image Size:  6"x7.25"

With October just around the corner, I thought I would celebrate the changing of the seasons and welcome autumn indoors with this maple leaf painting. Tomorrow, it's headed out the door for a visit to Emmy, my framer, in preparation of an upcoming Art Show and Sale this November here in Creston.   

The show is held each fall by a professional group of local artists known as the "Images Group".  This year the group has invited me to participate as a guest artist.   So, I have been working on several new paintings for this show and right now I still have 7 paintings on the go, all in various stages of completion.  So it's off to the studio for me.....

Wishing you a warm and relaxing autumn week,
Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC  


*Images Fall Group Show & Sale
  November 24th & 26th, 2012
  Rotacrest Hall, Creston. BC 

11 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Laura, this is a beautiful painting: great colours and shadows. I also love the texture!
You certainly have been busy: 7 paintings on the go? Wow...I can't wait to see them all.

Dita Maulani said...

Good luck for the event!
I love falling leaves :)

dita
via EBT

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Christiane! I am used to having 3 to 4 on the go, seven is a bit crazy, even for me!

Laura Leeder said...

HI Dita, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and wishing me good luck!

John Simlett said...

This really works well, Laura. There's a lovely balance between the leaf, shadow and background. I like the grain/veins of the background too.

A eeally clever as well as beautiful painting

Pat said...

Beautiful work - and good luck with the show xx

Win Dinn said...

Lovely autumn colours, Laura - I am especially delighted by the shadow bend in the stem!

Seven is a lot to have on the go at once, but I have no doubt you're up to the challenge!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Pat!

Laura Leeder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Leeder said...

Thank You John and Win. This leaf was a simple and fun painting to do!
Oh, and thxs for the vote of confidence Win!

Eileen said...

Wonderful to be painting leaves at this colourful time of year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...