Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cherry Lace - Watercolour Painting By Laura Leeder

"Let us learn to appreciate there will be times when the trees will be bare, and look forward to the time when we may pick the fruit."  
  ~Anton Chekhov























© Cherry Lace, Watercolour 2012
    By Laura Leeder    

Who could resist tasting these richly hued, plump and juicy looking Lapin Cherries?

A painter of course!  Actually, I allowed myself to enjoy one, maybe two, okay, three cherries at the very most before I set to the task of finding the perfect plate and lace cloth to photograph them with.

This painting is of part of my new series of paintings that will be available for purchase this November at the local Images Group Art Show and Sale here in Creston, BC.    (See Sidebar)  

Thanks for visiting!

Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC
  
  

18 comments:

John Simlett said...

Oh my goodness ... what a fantastic painting ... I thought it was a reference photograph at first ... but it's much better than that!

Laura Leeder said...

Why Thank You John! You just made my day. I must say....after finishing this one i felt exhausted.

Win Dinn said...

This is truly stunning, Laura - you've done a wonderful job. No wonder you're exhausted! It is so intricate and richly woven - marvellous!

Laura Leeder said...

Intricate and richly woven....I cherish those words, many thanks Win!

Pat said...

Beautiful lacework and cherries!

Judy said...

Hard to resist such a delicious subject! Beautiful painting, Laura! And I bet you ate them after finishing the painting! :)

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Pat!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Judy, I probably enjoyed more than a plateful!

Jenny Frith said...

wow. I came from Pat Elliot's blog. Your work is wonderful. Such beautiful, richly colored cherries.

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Jenny, Thanks for your lovely comments and for stopping by.

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Jenny, Thanks for your lovely comments and for stopping by.

Rita Vaselli said...

Dear Laura!How lovely these cherries, the lace looks true soft, the green of the porcelain shines... all things tridimensional! What a wonderful work!!!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Rita! I am happy with the way it turned out.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Laura, I too thought that it was the reference photo! I love this painting!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Christiane! You've just made my day!

Laura Moore said...

Fab looking cherries Laura and that lace is just WOW!!!

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Laura, Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am pleased with this one!

Anonymous said...

This is very intriguing, You are a quite skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for far more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your internet web site in my social networks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...