Monday, November 12, 2012

Hydrangea Blossoms-The Choice Of An Emperor and Me!

"What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter."  ~Henri Matisse

















©Serenity, Watercolour, November 11, 2012
   Laura Leeder

Big, Bold and Beautiful!  A few cut blossoms placed in a bowl and displayed in your home, create an immediate impact.  In the meaning of flowers, hydrangeas generally stand for friendship, devotion, perseverance and understanding.

"According to a Japanese legend, a proud emperor used a bouquet of hydrangeas as an apology to the family of a girl with whom he was in love. Ever after, the flowers have served as a representation of heartfelt feelings, whether of joy or sadness."  

These blue-violet blossoms fill me with a sense of calm and peace, hence the name "Serenity" for this watercolour painting.  


This painting will be available for sale at the Images Art Show and Sale, November 24th and 25th, here in Creston, BC.

Have a great week! 

Artfully Yours,  
Laura Leeder

p.s.  A special thank you to all of you who stopped by my table at the Christmas Sale on Saturday.    I enjoyed making new acquaintances as well as visiting with those of you that I have not seen in a while! 

10 comments:

Rita Vaselli said...

A hydrangea really special, and your words,dear Laura, tell me things that I did not know!
Have nice week, Rita.

Win Dinn said...

This is lovely, Laura - I look forward to see it 'alive' at the show!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Rita!
Have a great week yourself!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, that show is fast approaching!

Laura Moore said...

Fabulous Laura. Your work is always so beautiful and graceful.

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Laura, thank you for such a lovely comment! Very kind of you!

Pat said...

Gorgeous hydrangea. They are one of my favourites too :) xx

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Pat! Some of my favorites are from the City Line series.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Stunning, Laura!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Christiane, you've just made my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...