Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Peony Challenge....There is Light at the End of the Tunnel!

"It is not in the still calm of life, or in the repose of a pacific station, that great characters are formed... the habits of a vigorous mind are formed contending with difficulties."  
    ~Abigail Adams





















©Peony Blossom - Watercolour Painting In Progress
   Laura Leeder

It's been a challenging few weeks, dealing with the loss of a family member. I finally made it back into my studio yesterday and after "warming up" on a small geranium blossom painting (for another post), I set to work on this peony blossom once again. 

While it's nearing completion, there is still so much left to do.....I really want to have this painting included in the IMAGES Art Show & Sale, November 24th & 25th at the Rotacrest Hall here in Creston, BC. 

So my #1 goal this week is to work on this painting every day this week, until I get it completed!   Wish me luck...have a super Sunday,

Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder
Watercolour Artist, Creston. BC

P.S. If you are in the area this Saturday, Nov.10th plan to stop in at the Rotacrest Hall for a pre-Christmas Sale featuring a variety of vendors, myself included! More information about this on Wednesday's post! 

You'll then want to stop by KingFisher Books to see local artist James McDowell's latest paintings on display.  

10 comments:

Win Dinn said...

Laura, this is coming along just beautifully...I look forward to seeing it finished and in your show! Good luck on Saturday...

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Win, I just wish it was done! Feels like I have been working on this one forever....

Rita Vaselli said...

Dear Laura, I'm sorry for your loss in the family!
These are moments that painting can help to overcome, bringing serenity to the mind!
The peony blooms beautifully, and I know how challenging it is to darken the yellow without ruining the shine! Brava!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks for your kind words Rita, yes, painting does help. I will be thrilled when I can call this one finished!

Mellowood Gallery said...

I think the peony is great as it is - it will be interesting to see what you do with it now. So much is happening this month but I hope to be able to check out some of the things where you are showing your art.

Judy said...

Sorry about your family member, Laura. That is a magnificent peony already!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Judy. Having a deadline and a challenging painting is very helpful in moving forward.

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Val(Mellowood Gallery), I think it needs some work in the center and then maybe just a tweak here and there!

It is a busy month, hope your week is going well, see you Wednesday!

Jane said...

A fantastic Peony, yellow is difficult, but no difficulties shown here, a glorious painting !

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Jane, thanks for stopping by and commenting, I appreciate it! I will be so glad when this one is actually finished!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...