Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm Dreaming Of White Roses, Pottery,Birds And Lace

"Even when there is an overall plan, an artist may still get a better idea of his or her intention as the process unfolds."  ~Peggy Hadden

















©February 2013, Laura Leeder, Watercolour In-Progress, Step 4

The work on this painting came to a halt last week while I searched in vain for just the right hue and value of brown needed on my vase.  Then my order of art supplies arrived and in it was a tube of paint ordered in error that turned out to be a perfect solution to my dilemma!






















©Laura Leeder, close up of painting in-progress, Step 4


The tube of paint ordered in error is "Burnt Tigers Eye Genuine" by Daniel Smith paints.  With a name like that how could I resist opening up the tube?  As I sampled it on my paper I quickly realized it would be a good balance to the intense blue on the vase.  At full strength it is a rich, warm, sedimentary brown.  It granulates beautifully and when dry has a hint of luster from the tigers eye.  How perfect for this pottery vase! 















*I am giving away a giclee' print of Dance With Joy

Draw Date is February 28th,2012
To ENTER your NAME in the draw for a chance to win this print, leave a comment on my blog post, and/or LIKE my artist page on facebook.  Do both and your name goes into the draw twice!

Leave a comment on each new blog post for an additional chance to win.

LIKE my artist page on facebook for an additional chance to win.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Laura-Leeder-artist/302848629743774

SHARE this post on facebook for an additional chance to win.
Have a joyful week, 
Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

10 comments:

Win Dinn said...

This is so beautiful, Laura, and I am totally addicted to a wide range of Daniel Smith paints - their quinacridones are especially mouth-watering!

Mellowood Gallery said...

What a lucky mistake Laura! The painting is looking great.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win! Oh yes, their quinacridones are favorites of mine too.

Laura Leeder said...

Luck is indeed a good word for it Val. It will be fun to experiment with it!

Jane said...

This painting is absolutely fantastic ...love the feeling of antique about it .

Vicki Greene said...

Beautiful painting and the vase is wonderful. I love DS paints!

Eileen said...

The glaze on that vase looks so realistic.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Jane, Vicki and Eileen for your words of encouragement! Your comments are appreciated and your names will be entered into the draw!

Christiane Kingsley said...

I love this painting,Laura.
I have tried only 1 Daniel Smith colour - their paints are not available in my area. I think that I will have to start ordering some:-)

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks so much Christiane, I am liking it so far...I hope to finish it this week. Several of the DS Primatek colors could be very interesting on your stone series! I order directly from Daniel Smith and they arrive within a few days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...