Friday, February 22, 2013

Peonies-Vibrant, Hardy, Fragrant

"Vision, Uncertainty, and Knowledge of Materials are inevitability's that all artists must acknowledge and learn from: vision is always ahead of execution, knowledge of materials is your contact with reality, and uncertainty is a virtue."  ~David Bayles






















©Pink Perfection-Peony Blossoms, February 2013
   Laura Leeder

I started this painting quite some time ago; but, due to my lack of planning (my eagerness to start painting these blossoms), I quickly hit a roadblock of uncertainty.  With exhibition deadlines looming, I was forced to set it aside and work on other paintings. I recently pulled it out again and after wrestling with how to resolve what I considered to be the problems, I finally managed to complete it! 

These blossoms are from my own garden.  They have been dug up and moved many times over the years and each time they punish me for a season by producing no blossoms.  By the following season I am forgiven and they once again tempt me with their large, beautiful, fragrant blossoms. 

These ancient flowers have been known to outlive people, thriving for a hundred years or more!  They embody romance and prosperity and are regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage.  

The size of this painting is 19.25" x 15.25" and will be included in "Summer In The Kootenays", a group art show and sale this coming April.  (see 2013 Events Page)  

Draw Date for FREE PRINT of DANCE WITH JOY is February 28th,2012
To ENTER your NAME in the draw for a chance to win this print, leave a comment on my blog post, and/or LIKE my artist page on facebook.  Do both and your name goes into the draw twice!

Leave a comment on each new blog post for an additional chance to win.
LIKE my artist page on facebook for an additional chance to win.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Laura-Leeder-artist/302848629743774

SHARE this post on facebook for an additional chance to win.

Happy Friday everyone, have a great weekend! 
Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

12 comments:

Win Dinn said...

This is a lovely peony painting, Laura - they so much call to the spring and summer coming. Thanks for posting!

Laura Moore said...

Lucky you Laura to have such wonderful flowers in your garden. Love that vase too and of course the painting which is best of all. :-)

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Win!!! I eagerly await their arrival each year as they span both seasons.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Laura, they are a real treat!
They produce quite a show in the flower beds.

Tracey Fletcher King said...

I am thrilled you added me to your circles so that I found your work... love the tea work... i am obsessed with the stuff and look forward to following along and getting to know more of your work... and those peonies are just stunning... xx

Eileen said...

What a complicated subject--all those petals to get lost in. Absolutely stunning!

Jane said...

Laura this is pure perfection, what a stunning painting !!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Tracey, so glad that I came across your work as well! All the best.

Laura Leeder said...

Eileen thank you so much! I worked on this one for quite a while, hopefully the next peony blossom will progress a little easier...

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Jane, thank you so much for your wonderful comment! All the best.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Laura, you have certainly solved all the problems you had at first with this painting. It is perfect!

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Christiane! Enjoy your day...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...