Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My 3rd painting for the April Art Show is taking shape.

"Each painting is a kind of discovery, a discovery of new forms, color relation, or balance in composition. With every painting completed, the artist may change his viewpoint to suit the discoveries made, making his vision many-sided."                                                                    ~Robert Colquhoun




















©Red Roses, Crystal and Tomatoes, Painting In-Progress
   Laura Leeder, March 2013

March has been an extremely busy month as I continued to work on paintings for the upcoming art show this April at the Key City Theatre in Cranbrook, BC.  

I have completed the raku pottery painting (Timeless Treasures) and dropped it off with Emmie and Ian,(Creston Professional Framing and Art Gallery) a wonderful talented duo who look after all my framing and printing needs!  I have this painting above and one more to go and a deadline looming.  

On a personal note the spring fever bug hit and Ivor and I went on a cleaning frenzy, organizing and decluttering our home from top to bottom.  While our home looks and feels better, we are totally worn out!

With no time to spare, I will be in my studio painting for the remainder of the week.

Have a wonderful and creative week!  

Artfully Yours,
Laura Leeder
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC
 
  

  

16 comments:

Win Dinn said...

This is going to be edible, Laura, in more ways than one...truly lovely colours and form.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win! I must now tackle that vase that I have been avoiding....

Pat said...

Looking good so far!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Pat!

Vicki Greene said...

This is going to be another beauty! Your work is so inspiring.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Vicki! Oh, the joys of watercolour...

Celia Blanco said...

Gorgeous work, I love the beautiful color combinations with the green backdrop! Nice textures too!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia!

John Simlett said...

My goodness, Laura you are so busy and it's all looking good!

Laura Leeder said...

Hi John, yes, I have and I'm ready for a break! (that is after I complete these last 2 paintings)

Rita Vaselli said...

Happy Easter,dear Laura,to you and your family. Warmly,Rita.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Rita, I do hope you are enjoying a wonderful Easter weekend.

Catharina said...

Happy easter Laura! Paintings looking good!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Catharina, Happy Easter to you as well!

Jane said...

Already awesome , keep it up ! ( I know you will :-)

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Jane!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...