Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Creston Valley Bird Festival, Art Show and Sale, May 10 - 12, 2013


"Just as the bird sings or the butterfly soars, because it is his natural characteristic, so the artist works." ~ Alma Gluck







©Guardians Of The Grapes, Watercolour, Framed 20 x 24 inches
   Laura Leeder

This weekend promises to be an exciting one for all bird and nature lovers here in the valley!  Our first bird festival kicks off with an Art Show and Sale Friday evening from 5 to 8pm at the Creston Community Complex.  Featuring bird and nature paintings and photography by local artists.  Full details herehttp://www.crestonvalleybirds.ca/ 

The birds in this painting are just two of several porcelain and pottery birds that I have started collecting.  They add a bit of fun and whimsy to my still life paintings.  The raku bowl is by kootenay artist Kim Chernoff of Crestova Clay Works.  Splattering paint, spraying water and tossing salt on this piece made it an enjoyable experience for me.  

Speaking of birds, more hummingbird's arrived yesterday and the activity at the feeders last night was a joy to watch!  Rufus, Calliope and Black Chin (i think) all vying for a drink of nectar.  I never tire of watching these amazing little hummers!!!

Have a great week!
Yours in art,
Laura Leeder
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

12 comments:

Win Dinn said...

This is one of my faves, Laura!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, it's one of mine as well.

Vicki Greene said...

Beautiful painting and I especially love the lace cloth!

Judy said...

It is a fabulous painting, Laura!

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Vicki! The lace pattern on this one is very interesting.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank you Judy!

Laura Moore said...

You are so lucky to have humming birds where you are Laura. Another stunner btw. :-)

Laura Leeder said...

Laura, I so agree. The more I watch these humming birds, the more amazed I am!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a fabulous piece! Gorgeous table lace and wonderful background too!

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Cynthia, thanks for stopping by and commenting!

John Simlett said...

I just love "Guardians of the Grapes". I wish I could paint as half as well as you do, Laura.

Have a good Show!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You John! I am so impressed with the skill and understanding that you already have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...