Tuesday, June 11, 2013

HELP! I'm In Search Of A Title For This Pink Garden Tea Fundraiser Painting.

"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us - in the dreariest and most dreaded moments - can see a possibility of hope."  ~Maya Angelou


@ Laura Leeder, Teacup With Tulip, Watercolour In-Progress, Step 1

I have finally started this year's painting for Debbie Grahams "Pink Garden Tea" Fundraiser.  The fundraiser will be held this year on Saturday, July 27, 2013.   More details about this tea will be listed later this week, here on my blog and on my facebook page.

This years proceeds will be donated to the BC Cancer Society.  There are plans for up to 3 tea seating's, along with a fashion show.  Details are still being worked out and all the information will be posted here on my blog and on my facebook page.  So, please check back!



















@ Laura Leeder, Teacup With Tulip, Watercolour In-Progress, Step 2

For this years tea, I've chosen a spring theme of hope and celebration as another season approaches filled with relief and the promise of more seasons to follow.  You can contact Debbie for more information, or to book your seating and or to make a donation.
Contact Debbie Graham at  250-428-7182 or Email: potter22@telus.net

I am in search of a title for this painting.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Please note-if you suggest a title and I use it, I will send you a set of my fine art note cards.

Last Years painting was The Power Of Pink and the title was suggested by Win Dinn, a local mixed media artist and instructor.  (Yes, she did receive her package of cards as my thank you!)

 












©Laura Leeder, The Power Of Pink, Watercolour

Notecards of this painting are still  available for purchase and I will be donating both cards and a portion of the sales to Debbie's Pink Garden Tea Fundraiser again this year.

Cards can be purchased on-line from my website here, or from my Etsy Shop here.
Each package contains 6 cards (one free) for $19.95 plus shipping.

Thank You for stopping by, have a great week!  (I look forward to hearing your title suggestions!)
Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

10 comments:

Win Dinn said...

Oh this one looks like The Promise to me, Laura - it's going to be a beauty too!

Laura Leeder said...

The Promise....I like that, thanks Win! I will keep that one in mind.

Judy said...

It's going to be a beauty, this cup! I'm not good at titles, but at the top of your post in the quote by Maya Angelou is mentioned a rainbow as a symbol for hope. So maybe something with 'rainbow' in it.

Eileen said...

'Gentle Reflections'

Laura Leeder said...

Judy thanks for your suggestion: something with rainbow....I will ponder this as I continue work on this painting. Have a great day!

Laura Leeder said...

Gentle Reflections....I like that! Thanks Eileen, I will add it to my list! Enjoy your day.

Celia Blanco said...

looking beautiful,Laura. Maybe..."A fresh start".

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia, I've added it to my list!

Laura Moore said...

Laura you have some fabulous ideas already. Here is mine. "Joyful Delights".

Looking forward to seeing how this develops but I know already it will be stunning.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks for a great title suggestion Laura and as always your kind words of encouragement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...