Sunday, July 7, 2013

Beach Rocks For Sale, From The Eastshore, Kootenay Lake, BC

"At the beach life is different.  Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.  We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun." 

SUMMER IS HERE!  Ivor and Kenya have been encouraging me to slow down, take a break from my computer, my studio and all my other daily routines and enjoy some long, lazy days with them.  So we took a day off, packed our cooler, loaded up the boat and headed to Kootenay Lake for a day of sun and water.

It always takes me a few day trips to completely relax, after month's of following a rigorous work routine.  On this day however, I was more than ready to embrace some leisure time, soaking up the sun, enjoying the scenic coastline, playing in the water, dipping my toes in the sand, and enjoying the antics of Kenya, our little yorkie, who was ever so thrilled to have our full attention for a day!

©All photos by Laura Leeder, July 2013 ~ Kootenay Lake, BC 



















Kenya (our teacup yorkie) - Prepared for a day of boating, surfing and rock collecting!

















A Beautiful sunny day looking south east on Kootenay Lake, BC

















After a few hours on the lake, and not one bite (fish), it's time to hit the beach!

















Push me out mom!  I'm ready to go surfing!

















Now this is the life!  Whoops, I need to keep my balance........
















Well that was fun!  Hey, there's some pretty rocks in here......

















If I can just get this white one!  I just want one more rock...then can we can go back to fishing!
I can sell these on Etsy!  Maybe mom will post them on facebook for me!


















Not a bad way to end the day, Ivor caught the BIG ONE!  A nice looking rainbow, about 15lbs.  Our largest catch to date and as we maneuvered it into the net we quickly decided to release this beauty of a trout back into the lake to produce more offspring for future fishing.  There will be other day's and other fish.

It was definitely an awesome way to end our day on the lake.  And by the way....Kenya has 5 white beach rocks for sale.....if you are interested email me!  Kidding....about the rocks.

















©Laura Leeder and Kenya the "little darling"

As of today, I am officially on beach time for the next two months.  I hope that each of you will also take some time to slow down, and enjoy some long lazy days doing what you love with little or no regard to time.

Have a great weekend!
Creatively Yours,
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC
"In the heart of the Kootenays"


6 comments:

Win Dinn said...

What a wonderful post, Laura, and a marvellous way to relax. Kenya looks very enthusiastic too! Have a GREAT summer!

Eileen said...

I don't know which picture is more amazing, Kenya floating on the life jacket or Ivor with that beautiful fish!

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Win, I hope that you will also take time to enjoy your summer!

Laura Leeder said...

Kenya had fun that's for sure, and that fish was an unexpected surprise!

Wendy Barrett said...

Wow Laura, such a great post! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Such a beautiful part of the world. I bet you got a lot of art inspiration.

Laura Leeder said...

Wendy it really is a beautiful spot. We call it "Gods Country". So much inspiration here, more ideas than time to paint!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...