Monday, July 29, 2013

Scenes From The Pink Garden Spa Tea

“There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as the expectation of something tomorrow.”  ~Orison Swett Marden

The 2013 Pink Garden Spa Tea


©All photos taken by Laura Leeder - July 27, 2013 



















It all starts with a walk down this beautiful garden path. 





















This charming lady (Lynda) knows how to dress for tea!  

















All along the pathway are areas with delightful treasures.






















Every table was set with fine china, flowers and tablecloths trimmed in lace. Each one a different theme.

















There were two seating's-a luncheon and an afternoon high tea.  




The tea station and some of the organizers. 



















These young girls brought out the trays of food and refilled our teacups.


















Displays of fine china and my tea prints were scattered throughout the gardens.






















Me (Laura Leeder) with my display of Ltd. Edition Tea Prints and Notecards.










































































"The Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilt of Hope" given to women who are recovering from cancer treatments as a sign of hope, caring and comfort.  The Pink Ribbon was worn by many women in attendance who were either cancer survivors or supporters. 

 















My painting "Cup Of Hope" went home with a wonderful lady named Joell.  I am embarrassed to admit that I was so delighted it was going to a new home I completely forgot to ask for a photo of Joell with her new painting!!!  

A very big THANK YOU to the Pink Garden Tea Ladies - Debbie, Susan and Cindy!!!  You ladies are amazing!!!!  

We are already thinking ahead to next year's Pink Garden Tea and I am so excited to share with you just a hint of the 2014 paintings theme .....are you ready?    It's CHINTZ!

I have been busy photographing this beautiful set loaned to my by Glory Jacklin.  I haven't decided which photo I will use for my painting, perhaps I will have more than one available!

May your days be filled with sunshine and happiness,
Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist
Creston, BC "in the heart of the Kootenays"  

13 comments:

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

Lovely post, Laura Leeder! And the Pink Tea looked like such a lovely affair. What a beautiful setting and day. You and your art such a perfect for the event!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Alice! It really was a nice day, couldn't have been a better setting for this event.

Eileen said...

I feel like I was almost there. Thank you for showing the details of the day.
What a wonderful thing you do Laura in donating art to this worthy event.
Love the chintz for next year!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen! I am excited to get started with the chintz!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen! I am excited to get started with the chintz!

Win Dinn said...

Love the photos, Laura - they perfectly catch the spirit and essence of this wonderful event!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, your being there helped make the event special!

Heather said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I wish I could have gone to that! I bet it was so much fun! Your tea prints looked great amidst all the tea-stuff!

Banksia Lane Press said...

A lovely post Laura! There is nothing like the old fashioned charm of tea-time in the garden.
You and your artwork looked perfect amongst it all.
Love the chintz idea. I have a favourite tiny chintz jug that I painted last year and it was such a pleasure to paint.

Laura Leeder said...

Heather you would have enjoyed it, music softly playing in the background, sipping and tasting a variety of fine teas.....

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You for stopping by Wendy!(Banksia Lane Press) The chintz is going to be a fun challenge, I've not attempted to paint any in the past. Now I must take a look a your blog again and see if I can find the one you've painted!

Celia Blanco said...

What an elegant event Laura! Beautiful garden setting for your artwork and prints. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next year.It is an important cause!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia, the Pink Tea Ladies did a great job and I was honored to be involved with this event!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...