Saturday, August 24, 2013

Appreciation Is A Wonderful Thing!

This was one of those special occasions when I could actually feel the inner appreciation of the beauty of the moment passing like an electric current through the brush in my hand.         ~Prince Charles


















Photo by Laura Leeder, August 2013 

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."  ~Voltaire

Last week a wonderful surprise awaited me in the mail as I returned home from a few days at Forest Haven our lakeside retreat.  

With anticipation high, I eagerly opened the envelope and to my surprise and delight it was this beautiful teacup card with a tea sample enclosed. 

Inside the card was this handwritten message:  
"I must say I am so pleased with the order I just received.  I have never seen such beautiful prints......so happy I found you in my Tea Time Magazine....looking forward to using your lovely cards." 

I frequently receive an email from a customer thanking me for their order and sharing their pleasure, but I have NEVER received a thank you card in return!  Kathleen's comments not only made by day, but validated my pride and pleasure in painting and in the development of my current notecard designs.   



  
*New card in the Teacup series.









©Friendship Tea Notecard by Laura Leeder, Summer 2013 


Friendship Tea ~ Fine Art Notecards by Laura Leeder
(from my newest original watercolour painting ~ July 2013) 
These notecards can be purchased on-line in my Etsy Shop.

Cards are sold in packages of 6 for $19.75 plus shipping ( *That’s one free card per package!)  A Single Notecard Retails for $3.95 plus shipping.

I have not been absolutely idle this month, I am working on some new sketches and will start painting shortly. Admittedly though, I am still on my  "summer time schedule" and enjoying it!

Have a happy and creative week, and if you get a chance, dig your toes into the sand and dip your feet in the water!

Laura Leeder 
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC
(from the heart of the Kootenys)

14 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

Laura, How wonderful to get that lovely thank you card in the mail. Very special! I can see why they were so thrilled with your beautiful designs. Love the stunning photo - was it taken in your garden?
Love the quotes you included in this post. Have you read Prince Charles' book "Harmony"? A very profound and insightful book.
Good luck with your new designs!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Wendy, yes the photo is taken in my garden. I haven't read the book, I shall try to get a copy of it though, now I am intrigued. So glad you stopped by, take care!

John Simlett said...

Really lovely post, Laura, it restore faith in the human spirit. Love your cards btw. I'm currently doing Christmas Cards ...it's just around the corner!

Laura Moore said...

Laura I am not surprised you got a thank you card. Your paintings are wonderful especially your tea cups. I am sure they hit a nostalgic note with many. May you have many more well deserved sales.

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

What a delight this had to have been ... to received the card. I wondered about the photograph in this post, but you've cleared that up. Excellent post on all counts, especially regarding your thought on appreciation!

Eileen said...

I feel blessed to have had tea from that tea pot!

Win Dinn said...

I'm sure that just made your day, Laura, and it was a lovely thing to do, and hear about!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks John and that's a smart move on your part! I am starting a new teacup sketch with Christmas in mind, though it's hard to stay focused right now....

Laura Leeder said...

That's very kind of you Laura M and here's to more sales for both of us!

Celia Blanco said...

Laura, being so fortunate as to have one of your beautiful notecards, I am not surprised at all!Your last teacup is gorgeous, I love the colors! I hope you enjoy to the fullest the last days of summer.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks for commenting Alice. It also reminded me how much joy their is in receiving something in handwriting!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen, and you'll have many more I'm sure!

Laura Leeder said...

It sure did Win. It was a great reminder how special it is to receive a hand written note.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia! Yes, the last days of summer are drawing near, it has been a good summer here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...