Friday, August 16, 2013

Scenes From A Forest Haven - Summer 2013

"And so, with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."      ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

We found a perfect summer retreat in a forested area along the lake (Kootenay Lake) and enjoyed some warm sunny days there last week.  I thought I'd share a few photos of this idyllic spot with you.  

















©All photos by Laura Leeder, August 2013

Even in a forest one must have flowers.......

















We've named this spot our "forest haven" as we are surrounded by tall fir and larch that sway gently in the breeze and keep us protected from the strong winds that blow in off the lake.
  
This stargazer lily really packs a punch of color and added                                                                  beauty to this forest of green.  The fragrant perfume of this                                                                         lily adds another layer to the overall experience.
Each morning we enjoyed a walk along the beach, soaking                                                                    in the sights and sounds of our surroundings.
After some light housekeeping back at camp and an hour                                                               or two of reading, followed by a nap, (for some of us that is)                                                it's back to the beach for some late afternoon sun. 
(oops someone has forgotten Kenya's hat)  
That helps, but my own fits a lot better and now I                                                         feel like I'm on beach patrol!

Fishing the lazy way....(fishing rod far left)

What a wonderful way to spend ones afternoons.  I am feeling                              refreshed and my creative juices are beginning to flow again.                                                            Maybe... just maybe...I'll start a sketch tomorrow and paint                                                             the next day...or the next day...for sure the next day!                                                             

Happy Summer Everyone!
Creatively Yours,
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist
Creston, BC (in the heart of the Kootenays) 

16 comments:

Win Dinn said...

It looks so lovely and relaxing, Laura...I'm green with envy to match your campsite surroundings. Enjoy!

Mellowood Gallery said...

Love the hat Laura and that fishing rod must be invisible because I sure couldn't see it. Glad you are having such a relaxing time!!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, we really are enjoying this spot! I also enjoy spending time at home in between days spent there.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks for the chuckle Val! (the hat versus my other hat) The rod is there, although hard to spot...

Eileen said...

If I was there, I think I would be painting you sitting there in the lake. Talk about relaxing.

Laura Leeder said...

Yes Eileen, I think I could get used to this! I thought of you when we hung our clothesline with the towels and suits!

Rita Vaselli said...

Wonderful place to live perfect days of Summer!!! Thanks for sharing!Warm hugs,Rita.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Rita, it really is the perfect way to spend ones summer!

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

What an idyllic place to be! Lovely post.
I swooned over the stargazer lily photo. It appears to be planted right in the ground, as if it could pass itself off as a native flower in the setting!

Laura Leeder said...

Alice, that stargazer lily in the forest makes me think of that saying...having your cake and eating it too. I never quite understood that phrase before! Take care!

Celia Blanco said...

Welcome back Laura! Gorgeous place! You and Kenya look very relaxed!!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia, oh yes, we definitely are!

Wendy Barrett said...

Hi Laura,
I loved the stunning photos of this beautiful place. What a relaxing time you are having - I hope it inspires you to paint again soon.

Laura Leeder said...

Wendy, it's been very relaxing but I am ready to get back to painting! Thanks for stopping by.

Catharina Engberg said...

Thanks for sharing all of these beautyful summerphotos! I really enjoyed it.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Catharina, so glad you stopped by. It is a beautifully relaxing spot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...