Saturday, October 19, 2013

Celebrate Autumn In Watercolour! New Painting~Maple Leaf Trio

"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days."     ~George Burns


©Maple Leaf Trio, Watercolour by Laura Leeder, Oct. 2013

I've been enjoying the changing of the seasons on my daily walks.  And, like so many other artists at this time of year I could not resist the call of the maple leaf as it beckoned me to take in it's transformation and capture it's likeness with paint and paper.  It's also a perfect opportunity to loosen up a bit and have some fun with color!  

Size: 8.5 x 8.5 inches, Original Watercolour  
200lb Saunders Waterford WC Paper
Retail Price: $55.00 plus shipping
BUY NOW  

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend,
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist
Creston, BC (in the heart of the Kootenays)

6 comments:

Win Dinn said...

What an energy-filled painting, Laura - delightful!

Eileen said...

I was privileged to see this piece. I can tell you it has a delightful sparkle applied to the background.

Catharina Engberg said...

You are in to the autumn too I see :) I like your painting with leaves. It´s very nice!

Judy said...

Beautiful leaves, Laura, I love the splatters and the background!

Celia Blanco said...

This is a beautiful arrangement of leaves, Laura! I can see you have had fun with all the pretty colors and have created an exquisite painting!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Hi Laura, thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I love your work, and the quote you started this post with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...