Sunday, October 27, 2013

This Week I've Been Adding The Final Touches To A New Teacup Painting

Brew me a cup for a winter's night,
For the wind howls loud and the furies flight;
Spice it with love and stir it with care, 
And I'll toast our bright eyes, my sweetheart fair.
~Minna Thomas Antrim

















©Steep In Pink, Watercolour By Laura Leeder, Oct 2013

The idea for this painting came to me while browsing in a florist shop in Kaslo this past spring.  (a charming lakeside village on the west end of Kootenay Lake)  Louise the owner and floral designer had several teacups nestled amongst her floral displays.  

English bone china teacups, fresh flowers, ribbons and bows, all in one place? How could I resist?   After showing her my teacup series of prints and notecards, I perused through her collection.  We had an enjoyable visit and I left with this teacup and bow and an idea forming in my mind for a new painting and a promise to visit again and enjoy a cup of tea.  (Louise, I still plan to join you for that cup of tea!)    

Several months later and here is the result ~ Steeped In Pink with my first ever PINK background!  The size is 7.5 x 11.5 inches and painted on 200lb wc paper.   

This painting is a celebration of women everywhere who share their wisdom, humor, strength, friendship and creativity! 

*As I was about to publish this post I learnt that Louise has been recognized for her floral artistry with a 2013 Best Of Business Award.  Congratulations Louise! 




Next week I'm in the studio finishing up a small painting for my new series of watercolour paintings titled "My favorite things", plus a new piece with some winter cheer (sprigs of holly).

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist
Creston, BC  *In the heart of the Kootenays


*Available November 1st, 2013 ~ Steeped In Pink Teacup Notecards.  Perfect  for all occasions such as hostess gifts, stocking stuffers, party favors, birthdays, invitations and thank you's. 

14 comments:

Judy said...

That pink background is just perfect for this teacup and the pink ribbon! Beautiful, Laura!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Judy, I had fun with this one!

Win Dinn said...

That's a delightful combination, Laura - so pretty!

Eileen said...

I absolutely love the blue shadow on the saucer. It just seems to fit.
Steeped in Pink - excellent title.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You both Win and Eileen for your comments. (I have Ivor to thank for the title for this painting)

Catharina Engberg said...

Love it! Perfect details and great colours!

Laura Leeder said...

Many thank Catharina!

Rita Vaselli said...

Wonderful pink, so cheerful ,dear Laura. A teacup for true happiness...Have nice week,hugs,Rita.

Laura Leeder said...

That's just the feeling I was striving to achieve, thanks so much Rita! Hugs, Laura

The Art Bug said...

Lovely Art!

Celia Blanco said...

Very feminine and beautiful, Laura! What girl doesn't love pink, ribbon and fancy teacups...a great combination!

Wendy Barrett said...

Beautifully done Laura!!

Laura Leeder said...

To the Art Bug...thanks for stopping by, I will now make my way over to your site!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You both Celia and Wendy! The pink was a daring move for me and so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...