Sunday, November 3, 2013

Just One Of My Favorites Things ~ An Apple A Day!

"Whatever direction your life takes, your underlying themes remain. Discover and explore your themes to open the way for rich creative development."   Nita Leland



















©An Apple A Day, Watercolour,October 2013  
   By Laura Leeder 

Living amongst the Orchards does have it's benefits.  There is an abundance of hardy fruits and vegetables available at the market stalls right now and over the last few week's I can honestly say that I have been enjoying "an apple a day".  From sweet, crisp delicious reds to juicy, honey flavored golden yellows.  I enjoy them all.  It's my favorite mid-day snack along with a few thin slices of a good aged white cheddar and a cup of Cream Earl Grey tea.  Mmm  mmm mmm!  

This painting is part of my new series of small works that feature some of "my favorite things"

An Apple A Day

Size: 8.5 x 8.5 inches, Original Watercolour  
200lb Saunders Waterford WC Paper

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist
Creston, BC  *In the heart of the Kootenays

ww.lauraleeder.com            

17 comments:

Celia Blanco said...

Your apple looks good enough to eat Laura! I love the leaves, background and little detail of color being reflected in the foreground shadow. Another beautiful painting!

Win Dinn said...

Gorgeous painting of a fabulously diverse fruit!

Pat said...

Lovely apple. The colours and shadows are gorgeous.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, I do enjoy painting these tasty fruits!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Pat, I do enjoy pushing the color levels in my shadows!

Catharina Engberg said...

Lovely fresh colours and good depth. Well done!

Ashley Duggan-Smith said...

This is beautiful, and you perfectly described the best snack ever! I had an apple today with my lunch, but tea sounds really nice on a cold day like today!

Liz Williams said...

I love apples and cheese together! Perfect mid day snack!

Valdja Maria said...

Lindo!!!!!!!!!!

Rita Vaselli said...

Dear Laura,your apple is beautiful and brings joy.
I love to eat apples, after well appreciated their scent and their beautiful colorful shapes.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Catharina, Ashley, Liz, Valdja and Rita! Your comments are always appreciated!

Laura Moore said...

Beautifully painted Laura. Lots of lovely detail wonderfully balanced with the looseness of your background.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Laura!

Minhas Pinturas said...

Gostei de sua aquarela a maçã ficou muito real quase da para sentir seu perfume.
beijos,
Léah

Minhas Pinturas said...

Gostei de sua aquarela a maçã ficou muito real quase da para senti-se seu perfume.
beijos,
Léah

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Leah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...