Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gift To Myself - Floral Still-life - Step 2

"If you allow creativity to do its work without interruption or distraction, you'll do a better job."   ~Peter Suedfeld

















©Roses with Green Vase & Bow, painting in-progress-Step 2
   By Laura Leeder, January 15, 2014 

I haven't been in the studio much this week as I've been trying to catch up on all the other necessary tasks that have been piling up around me!  I found myself unable to concentrate on painting any longer, so I put the brushes down and went to work cleaning.  I started in the kitchen working my way through each cupboard, sorting, tossing and cleaning. (half way there)

January is also my time for planning my goals for 2014, both personal and professional.  Of course, there is always paperwork to catch up on and my website needs updating; so that is next on my list.

As for this painting; I've been working on the roses and bow, slowing glazing on more colours. I've just started to work on the cast shadow on the table as well.  Sadly, that will be all until next week, it's back to my cleaning and paperwork!

Thanks for stopping by,
Creatively Yours, Laura Leeder
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC 

9 comments:

Win Dinn said...

The best things about being busy is that it really makes one appreciate time in the studio! Here's to next week's creativity.

Celia Blanco said...

Beautiful progress on the painting! I love the light on the glass and the green bow looks silky. Looking forward to the finished painting! There is always so much to do with the start of a new year.

Laura Leeder said...

That's so true Win! Although it's hard to resist popping in to the studio for a few minutes each day.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia! I must be careful not to lose that shine on the bow.

Minhas Pinturas said...

I've been a weeks holiday I left the maid to take care of my house did not fulfill our agreement and I had to do all the accumulated work and send her away forever, so I understand your need and leave the brushes for later. But his beautiful watercolor is a feast for the eyes.
congratulations
Léah

Laura Leeder said...

Leah, thank you for your kind words and how disappointing to come home after a vacation to find your home not taken care of as promised!

Judy said...

Haha, I know, I too have to do the housework first before I start painting. It's a way to clear your head also, I think! I hope you get to painting soon!

Laura Leeder said...

I agree Judy, it's good to get away from studio and immerse yourself into the housework. A fresh perspective always helps.

artisoo said...

beautiful floral!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...