Thursday, January 9, 2014

I'm Starting 2014 With A Gift To Myself!

"An artist finds his happiest combination in a play of complementary colors. They are direct contrasts yet do not jar; they awaken the beholder, but do not disturb him."   
 ~ Charles Burchfield

















©Roses with Green Vase & Bow, painting in-progress
   By Laura Leeder, January 9, 2014  


I'm starting 2014 off with a gift to myself.  A bouquet of red velvet roses with a pretty satin bow!  

This bow was one of my finds last spring while visiting with Louise, at the Kaslo Florist Shop.  I've had this small vase for year's but had forgotten about it.  I came across it recently while cleaning out a cupboard filled with other forgotten treasures. (one should never have too many treasures on display.)  I couldn't resist painting it along with this satin bow and roses.  Besides, this combination of complementary colours just makes me feel good!

The snow has been falling softly and steadily throughout the night, making it a perfect day to stay tucked inside my studio with music, brushes and paint! 

Have a relaxing weekend, stay safe and warm!
Laura Leeder ~ Watercolourist
Creston, BC

6 comments:

Cathy Holtom said...

Looks good so far, very soft.

Win Dinn said...

Well, isn't that a beauty? And what a better treat for oneself while the snow falls outdoors!

Laura Leeder said...

Wasn't that sun this afternoon a treat Win!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Cathy!

Eileen said...

Those rose centres look perfect already. I really enjoy seeing your painting starts.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen, painting start's I enjoy, it's that halfway point that bogs me down!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...