Thursday, February 27, 2014

Finally! I'm Back Home And In My Studio.....

"Learning in the arts requires the ability and a willingness to surrender to the unanticipated possibilities of the work as it unfolds."  ~Elliot W. Eisner




















Blue Bow, Blossom and Bird ~Watercolour Painting In-Progress
By Laura Leeder, February  27th, 2014     Step 2  

It is almost a month since I posted the sketch of this painting here on my blog.  At the time, I could hardly wait to get in the studio and start painting!   That all changed when I received a phone call that my mom was in the hospital with the flu and would need care when she was released.  Could I help?  Of course!  I packed my bag and headed for bone chilling Edmonton, AB.  After spending a few weeks helping mom get back on her feet, I am now home and eager to get back into the studio!  

I spent the first part of the week packing and mailing off several notecard orders.  After catching up on a few other tasks, I was finally able to get into the studio yesterday and start on this painting.  I've started by dropping in color everywhere except the lace tablecloth.  At the moment, it doesn't look like much, I hope that will change as I add more colour!  

I see so many exciting images of paintings in-progress on my blog side bar.  I will try to catch up with many of you over the next few days.  Always exciting to see what each artist is working on.  I have missed my "blog chats" with so many of you!  

Have a wonderful weekend!
Artfully Yours, 
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist
Creston, BC (In the heart of the Kootenays)

12 comments:

Rose Batke said...

Looks like a good start , hope you can find more time in the studio today ... All the best from 'bone chillin ' Wetaskiwin AB ... And it is COLD here today minus 31 with wind chill ...

Celia Blanco said...

Welcome back Laura! I'm happy to hear your mom is feeling better. You are already transforming this painting into something special!

Minhas Pinturas said...

Laura:
I'm sure you'll turn with his hands and magic brushes,  this sketch into a beautiful painting.
kiss,
Léah

Laura Leeder said...

That's so very kind of you Leah, Thank You! Sending a hug your way.

Laura Leeder said...

That's way too cold for me Rose! Stay warm!

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Cecila, so good to hear from you!
Thank You!

Eileen said...

A nice light start to this painting. Not as easy a thing to do as one might think.

Laura Leeder said...

True Eileen, I am always fighting the urge to charge into a painting with rich, luscious colours.

Win Dinn said...

Delighted to hear your mom is so much better, Laura, so you can return to your studio.

I love this 'possibility' stage in a painting - so many options! It's always exciting to see your before and after shots too!

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Egretta, thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments. Now I will find my way to your blog!

Laura Leeder said...

OOPS,I deleted this comment by Egretta Wells by accident. You can visit her blog at:
http://egrettawells.blogspot.ca/

Hi welcome back. I am sure your mother was so happy to have you with her for a while and hope she is completely recovered. The painting is a lovely start and I will look forward to seeing it develop. Happy painting! Egretta

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Win, so good to be back home. I'm excited to get back to painting again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...