Friday, March 7, 2014

A Gift For You? Here's A Sneak Peak At My Latest Watercolour Painting

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts.  Untie the ribbons"  ~Ruth Ann Schabacker

Today's Gift ~ Watercolour, Size 9x11.5 inches, March 6, 2014
By Laura Leeder 

I almost always include a lace tablecloth in my still-life paintings.  In this case I chose to omit the lace as I wanted to challenge myself to create a more contemporary feeling.  I also wanted to place the focus entirely on the beautiful velvety red roses and green satin bow.  This shade of green is fresh and clean and reminds me of spring. Red roses are always a favorite to give and they can be enjoyed just as easily in early spring as they can through-out any of the season's of our lives.

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  And today?  Today is a gift!"

Have a great weekend and remember to enjoy each day's gifts!
Laura Leeder,
Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC 
  

7 comments:

Eileen said...

Yes those are very velvety looking roses! It looks like you enjoyed working on this after been away from your paints.

Laura Leeder said...

I did, thanks Eileen! Although I took the time to play on some scrap paper first!

Win Dinn said...

That's a gift indeed, Laura - thank you for sharing it!

Nora MacPhail said...

Beautifully done Laura. Love those colours melting into the shadow!
Happy Painting.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank you Nora!

Celia Blanco said...

Turned out beautifully Laura! I love the shadows and fluidity in the composition!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...