Saturday, March 15, 2014

Slowly But Surely, The Blue Bow and Blossom In This Painting Are Emerging.....

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, all the friends I want to see and all the painting's I want to paint!" 



















Blue Bow, Hydrangea Blossom and Bird ~Watercolour Painting In-Progress
By Laura Leeder, March 14, 2014     Step 3

The progress on this painting is slow as I have been working on several other projects this past week. Still, I managed to pop into my studio for a few minutes each day and this is the result!  The blossoms and bow are now starting to take shape.  (*see photo below from a previous blog post)




















Blue Bow, Blossom and Bird ~Watercolour Painting In-Progress
By Laura Leeder, February  27th, 2014     Step 2  

The flowers that most often bring Spring to mind are of course, crocus, primrose, daffodils, hyacinth and tulips.  Hydrangeas however, are also a very popular blossom this time of year.  As we get closer to April, small pots of these beautiful flowers will start to appear in many local flower shops along side white lilies.  (Both very popular choices for Easter bouquets.)  Every year I purchase a small pot of these and delight in the beauty and happy energy they bring into our home.

Have yourself a great weekend, mine will be spent preparing my year-end for Income Tax.

Next Week:  I'm back in the studio to work on this painting plus I will be finishing up a sketch for a teapot painting.  

Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder 
Watercolour Artist - Creston, BC 

10 comments:

Win Dinn said...

I love seeing this painting emerge (and the 'previous' photo is great to see too!). It's really starting to come alive.

Laura Leeder said...

Win, I'm always amazed at the progress even when I spend only a few minutes here and there throughout the week.

Eileen said...

Painting time in the studio is the best. Neat to see you take advantage of little bits of time to work in the studio.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen, I'll get there....

Hannah said...

Your painting is wonderful. It's crazy the amount of difference only a little while of work makes! The colours are gorgeous, I love the slightly darker tones you added to the background too.

Jane said...

Hydrangeas are my favorites and I am really looking forward to seeing this work finished . I can see there is a lot of finishing to do on the cloth beneath, but it looks great already.

Laura Leeder said...

Hannah, thanks for stopping by. Yes, a few minutes a day can add up!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jane! A ways to go yet!

Celia Blanco said...

It's really taken shape, I love the soft blue colors of the hydrangeas! I can't resist them myself!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia, they continue to be a favorite of mine as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...