Sunday, April 20, 2014

This Painting Is My Tribute To Easter And The Arrival Of Spring. Happy Easter!

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
~Irish Blessing




©Bella Bianco, Watercolor, April 20, 2014
   By Laura Leeder

Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.  And no flower is used more in life celebrations, than white lilies.   Although the trumpet lily is most commonly associated with Easter, I chose to paint this white Asiatic lily as it's the one I grow and am most familiar with.   

I purchased a blush pink lily and used it as my guide for this painting. With their reference to innocence, purity and new or everlasting life, white lilies are also a perfect flower and a popular choice to be included in bridal bouquets.  

Bella Bianco (perfection in white)
Watercolour~9.25 x 7.75 inches
Available for purchase

Sincerely, 
Laura Leeder, Watercolourist
Creston, BC

http://www.lauraleeder.com
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/lauraleedersart

10 comments:

Kelly said...

You are so talented Laura! I love your little Irish poem also.
Happy Easter to you and your family!

Eileen said...

What a fun stained glass look you've achieved with this lily. Lovely.

Laura Leeder said...

That's just how I feel about you Kelly! I've been enjoying your blog posts for a while now.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen. I photographed my painted lily and then printed it off in grey scale. I drew in the lines several times before I was satisfied with the overall design.

Win Dinn said...

What a beautifully soft lily, Laura - lovely!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Win! It is quite different from my usual layered paintings.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia, I enjoyed a quiet and relaxing day, filled with sunshine!

Laura Leeder said...

Oops! I hit delete message instead of delete email.
Original message from Celia Blanco:

It does look like stain glass, beautiful transparencies! I hope you had a happy Easter Laura!

Rita Vaselli said...

I hope you had nice Easter days! I see you often on Fb ,but it is a pleasure wrote even here. I love your watercolor painting way,dear Laura!!!

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Rita, I try to follow you on fb, however, I honestly prefer connecting with you through your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...