Friday, May 9, 2014

My Chintz Teapot Painting Continues To Blossom.......

"I am progressing very slowly, for nature reveals herself to me in very complex forms; and the progress needed is incessant."  ~Paul Cezanne


Designed specifically for the 2014 Pink Garden Tea Fundraiser
















©Chintz Teapot with Roses, Watercolour In-Progress, May 9, 2014
   By Laura Leeder

My last few paintings were a pleasant distraction from this teapot painting. Having enjoyed the break, I am now ready to continue working on this one.  
I've almost completed the roses and will then start working on the teapot lid, cast shadows and table top. (I'm hoping that my next post on this one is the last post!) 

As you can see from the previous post, I have made considerable progress.  
Step 4 from previous blog post.
 














Thanks for stopping by enjoy your weekend,

15 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh my goodness Laura, the depth of colour achieved in the roses and teapot are stunning.

Win Dinn said...

Laura, this is coming just beautifully - the colour is just SO rich. I look forward to your next (and final) post!

Wendy Barrett said...

Lovely work Laura!

Gloria said...

So beautiful, Laura!

There is so much detail to capture, and you are doing it!

I appreciate how much work goes into your paintings!

Laura Leeder said...

Win, Wendy, Eileen and Gloria: This painting is a real labor of love and at times I have wanted to give up in frustration. So, thank you for your comments! They encourage me to see this painting through!

Celia Blanco said...

It takes a lot of time to build up the beautiful layers, I love seeing it unfold! The roses are just gorgeous( as is the teapot!)!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia, I am happy with the way the roses!

Jane said...

An incredible teapot, really lovely work ! Keep it up :-)

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Jane!

Debbie Nolan said...

How beautiful - this is certainly unfolding into such a lovely work. Such details and you are doing capturing them so well. Thanks for sharing.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Debbie! I will be ready for some less detailed paintings after this one!

Judy said...

Beautiful, Laura, I can't believe the detailed work on the teapot, it is stunning!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Judy!

Laura Moore said...

So meticulous as always Laura. Gorgeous work.

Laura Leeder said...

As always, thank you Laura!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...