Friday, June 6, 2014

A Walk On The Wild Side?

"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore,  There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:  I love not Man the less, but Nature more."  ~Lord Byron 


This week I'm sharing some photo's I took while on a few days of R & R last week........






















©All photo's by Laura Leeder, May 2014   

A sculptural effect deep in the forest......




















Even on a wet and overcast day there is textural beauty to be discovered....




















And decisions to be made.....over or under?  (I'm not saying what I decided....only that next time I do the opposite!)





















I find the patterns and shapes made by these fallen trees with layers of moss and fungus so interesting....(definitely under!)


















These scenes are even more beautiful when the dappled light of the sun streams through......  (sadly, not today)

















I walk along the beach in anticipation.....what new treasures have drifted to shore?  This mass of driftwood with tangled, aged roots makes for an interesting study and stopping place to admire the beauty of the scene before me........  

















A powerful reminder of Mother Nature's strength........


















I studied this log for some time while listening to the sound of the water lapping against the shoreline, and the breeze rustling through the forest behind me.  A truly relaxing and refreshing experience!

I'm back home and in the studio finishing up my chintz teapot painting, tackling the abundant growth of weeds in my garden and packaging orders of my newest set of floral cards and bookmarks.  

Happy Friday everyone, while my weekend will be a busy one; I hope yours is a relaxing one!

Creatively Yours,
Laura Leeder
Watercolour Artist
Creston, BC


My paintings, prints, notecards and bookmarks can be purchased on-line through my website and/or my Etsy shop.

www.lauraleeder.com

www.etsy.com/ca/shop/lauraleedersart  

10 comments:

Win Dinn said...

Lovely photos, Laura - I very much enjoy seeing that wonderful forest texture. It's mesmerizing, and I can feel the relaxation you were encountering - over OR under!

Celia Blanco said...

A great place to unwind, I'm happy you had some time for yourself Laura! Thank you for sharing the photos!

Laura Leeder said...

The Kootenays is such a special place!

Laura Leeder said...

And thank you for stopping by Celia!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Thanks for adding a comment on my blog as it helped me find your blog!
Love your artwork and these fotos are wonderful. Happy Sunday to you.

Cora said...

It looks so peaceful in those places. So relaxing there. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Thank you Laura for dropping by in my clog. I'll put your blog to my list of blogs I follow. And will sign as your follower.

Jane said...

Gorgeous photos of a stunning nature , peace and quiet exudes from them !

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Jane! For me, this is a very special place.

Judy said...

What a beautiful place! The photos are stunning!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Judy, I couldn't agree more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...