Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's Summertime In The Kootenays!

"I am Summer, come to lure you away from your computer... come dance on my fresh grass, dig your toes into my beaches."   ~Oriana Green, Nature Spirits



















All photo's by Laura Leeder, Copyright, June 2014

It's summertime in the Kootenays and as June comes to an end, I am busy filling my hanging baskets and planters for our lakeside retreat.

















Lot's of petunias and fuchsias to attract the hummingbirds.  And talk about hummingbirds!  There are so many zipping around here in the forest.  These colourful little birds are pure pleasure to watch!


































Yellow pansies for a shot of sunshine, plus punches of vibrant colour and plenty of texture for interest.


































What a wonderful welcome each time we arrive for a stay!

















On this last visit, lot's of wild daisy's were dancing along the forests edge.






















On each visit, I also bring a fresh bouquet for the table inside.  Now it feel's like home!

I'm clearing my calendar and getting ready to relax and enjoy the summer months.  For me, that means more time spent outdoors enjoying nature.  With frequent trips to the lake, walks through the forest, plenty of time spent boating/fishing and long, lazy days at the beach. But, most importantly, I will be spending far less time on the computer.

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog throughout the year.      
I'm wishing each of you a warm and relaxing summer.

Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist
From the "heart of the Kootenays", Creston, BC

My Website: www.lauraleeder.com
Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/ca/shop/lauraleedersart 

17 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Laura - your pots of flowers are awesome. It looks like you are going to be in for a real treat this summer. Hope you enjoy your vacation time away from the computer. Would love to join you in watching those hummingbirds! Maybe I will stop by.

Win Dinn said...

What fabulous photos of your gorgeous surroundings, Laura. Do enjoy some major relaxin' time out at the lake this summer!

Laura Leeder said...

Now wouldn't that be a nice surprise Debbie! I'm counting the days.....

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Win! I look forward to having you out here for a day! (I just can't imagine not having flowers in my surroundings!)

Celia Blanco said...

Do enjoy it Laura! So many beautiful flowers and lovely addition of the teacup...a Laura added touch!:-) Have a happy summer!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia! I am looking forward to a change of pace, I will still be creating and follow everyone's blogs.

Eileen said...

Ohhh, the floral bouquet and tea cup look so wonderful in your home at the lake.

Laura Leeder said...

Eileen, we are really enjoying the large windows in the seating area.

It will be nice to have you out for a day....


Cora said...

I can feel and smell the freshness of those flowers in your surroundings. And with those green colors around your house, your place is a nice place to live, so close to nature. Have a nice summer days, Laura.

Judy said...

What wonderful summer flowers, Laura! Enjoy your stay there!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Cora, I wish the same for you!

Laura Moore said...

Fabulous floral piccies Laura. I know you will find them all inspiring. Enjoy your summer.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Judy, I will! Have a great summer as well.

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Laura, I am sure going to try! I've been enjoying your new tags.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Judy, I will! Have a creative week!

Jane said...

Looks like you have created yourself a little piece of Heaven , flowers create an immediate atmosphere of summer and happiness. Wish you a wonderful summer !

Laura Leeder said...

A little piece of heaven...I love that description Jane! Thank You!
And a wonderful summer to you as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...