Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pink Dogwood Blossoms, My Newest Watercolour Painting Is Dipped In Gold & Laden With Pearls!

"The process of image-making is the evolution of an idea, the pursuit of which can be like following clues in a treasure hunt. One discovery leads to another."  ~Richard McDaniel

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
©Pink Dogwood Blossoms, Watercolour, Ink & Acrylic
   By Laura Leeder, July 30, 2014
 
The Dogwoods are one of the first trees to bloom in early spring.  Here in the Creston Valley, both grow equally well.  The pink blossoms, however, are absolutely stunning. I read that the colour of these blossoms deepens as the tree ages, never giving you the same colour twice!  
 
The fruit of the Pink Dogwood is also an important source of winter food for many songbirds, including robins, cardinals and waxwings. Even Wild Turkeys! 
 
Pink Dogwood Blossoms (dipped in gold and laden with pearls)
Watercolour, Ink & Acrylic by Laura Leeder
Size: 11.5 x 9.5
 
The idea for this painting was developed earlier this spring with my White Dogwood Blossoms painting.  You can read about it here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dogwood Blossoms (dipped in gold and laden with pearls)
Watercolour, Ink & Acrylic by Laura Leeder
Size:10 x 8 inches
 
Next week I will share the progress of my newest painting project: Ruffled Poppies.  Unless of course, I decide to head to the beach and stay there!
 
Thank You for stopping by! Have a happy summer!
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

8 comments:

Judy said...

I remember the white dogwood, and the pink version is as beautiful as the white one! Hope you have a good time at the beach (but I love to see the poppies)!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Judy! I'm still fine-tuning my poppy sketch, and hope to get it on paper over the weekend. (It is hard to resist the pull of the lake and beaches!)

Eileen said...

I saw a pink dogwood in bloom this spring. Your painting depicts how beautiful they are.

Win Dinn said...

Such a luscious painting, Laura, and I think that the white and pink paintings would make a great pair framed together as prints. Delicious!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen, they have the most stunning pink colour!

Laura Leeder said...

I hadn't thought that far ahead Win, I think it's a great idea, thank you!

Celia Blanco said...

I love this pink version as well, Laura! The addition of the pearls within the flowers is beautiful.
I wish you the best of both worlds, time painting and at the beach!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia! That sounds like a happy balance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...