Sunday, November 9, 2014

Autumn In The Creston Valley ~ Through The Eyes Of An Artist

"When the trees their summer splendor, change to raiment red and gold; When the summer moon turns mellow, and the nights are getting cold; When the squirrels hide their acorns, and the woodchucks disappear; Then we know that it is autumn, loveliest season of the year." ~ Carol L. Riser, Autumn


There is nothing quite like a walk in the countryside on a warm, fall afternoon and yesterday was just such a day.  With camera in hand I set out to capture some of the autumn colours that we enjoy here in the valley.  

















All photo's by Artist Laura Leeder, November 2014 ©  

 















An example of Natures patterns in complimentary colours...

















An abundance of cattails in various stages of decay greet me from along the road side, providing an interesting display of spiky, textural seed pods.  


 














My walk takes me through the countryside along the edge of town with the mountains providing a beautiful backdrop to the scenery unfolding before me.    

















I just love the lacy, burnt orange foliage and deep red berries of the Mountain ash at this time of year.  They attract entire flocks of birds that can devour the berries completely from one tree before moving on to the next.  It's quite a site!  

















Mountain Ash up close....

















And still one more.....I love this colour combination of blue sky and red berries!

















This colorful shrub is in abundance in the ditches along the roadside.

















This leafy shrub displays a rich variety of yellow greens......

 















And the Wayfaring shrub boasts shades of purple red leaves.

















Just one of our many local market farms.....
  
















And this just might be my favorite photo from yesterdays walk.

Thank You for stopping by and taking a walk with me through the beautiful Creston Valley countryside.

With a "thankful heart", 
Laura Leeder, Creston Valley Artist 

Your comments are always welcome!

My artwork can be purchased on-line through my website or Etsy Shop:
or Shop by Phone 250-402-6599

6 comments:

Win Dinn said...

It's so beautiful here this time of year - thank you for the reminder. I love walking the country lanes and soaking up the autumn sun.

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh Laura - what an amazing walk. Each photo is a jewel and I can see lots of painting possibilities as well. Thank you for taking me along - I had a delightful time. Have a great week.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks for joining me Debbie, it really is an inspiring place for artists, and we have them in abundance here in the valley!

Laura Leeder said...

Win, I agree. A beautiful time of year for country walks.

Celia Blanco said...

Wow Laure, you live in an amazing place! I love the variety of colors and overwhelming beauty! Thanks for sharing such lovely photos, I can't pick a favorite!

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Celia, thanks for stopping by! I do feel very lucky to live here. Every season is special.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...