Saturday, December 6, 2014

Heart's Desire Watercolour Painting Receives A Warm Welcome

"This was one of those special occasions when I could actually feel the inner appreciation of the beauty of the moment passing like an electric current through the brush in my hand."  ~ Prince Charles















©Heart's Desire, Watercolour by Laura Leeder
    SOLD ~ November, 2014

My painting Heart's Desire (above) just arrived at it's new home and received  a very warm welcome.  I just have to share it ........ 

"Laura, I LOVE the painting so much! It is even more beautiful "in person" than it is in the photos--"

"The warmth and delicacy of your painting invites the eye to linger and enjoy the image and to remember it long after. I really appreciate the paper's texture and true watercolor - like nature. It's "painterly" rather than photo-realistic, and this gives the viewer a sense of that immediate vibrancy that infuses the work with energy." ~  Kate Johnson  

I am "tickled pink" that my teacup painting could elicit such a warm, and perceptive response.  When I am working on a painting I am very conscious of the feeling/mood that I am trying to convey.   

It's the BEST Christmas present and a powerful motivator to get back into the studio!  (many thanks Kate)

Speaking of Christmas presents, my gift packaged "Teacup Series" notecards are perfect as stocking stuffers, party favors, and hostess gifts for the Holiday Season.   


 











 




























©Package of 6 notecards @ $19.95 plus shipping

Visit my Etsy Shop or Website for full selection available.   

Have a warm and wonderful week, 
Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist
Creston, BC (in the heart of the Kootenays)

14 comments:

Sheila said...

This is beautiful Laura! Wonderful light!

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Sheila, thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Laura - who would not be overwhelmed with such a lovely painting. I am so glad Kate loved it. Have a great week-end.

Laura Leeder said...

That's so kind of you Debbie, have a great weekend yourself!

Win Dinn said...

So glad to hear that she arrived safely and was so very welcomed...she'll love her new home!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, after shipping a painting, it's always a relief to hear back from a client that they are happy with their choice!

Eileen said...

How wonderful to hear how happy the new owner of the tea cup painting is.

Laura Leeder said...

Eileen, I think of it as a full circle moment.

Carmella Tuliszewski said...

Lovely work Laura!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Carmella! This teacup makes me smile everytime I use it!

Celia Blanco said...

She has put it in writing so eloquently, it is a beautiful work Laura!
Your note cards would make a special gift for any time of the year!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia! As always your support is most appreciated!

Wendy Barrett said...

A beautiful painting Laura. So nice to have such an enthusiastic response to your work and so well deserved!

Laura Leeder said...

That's very kind of you Wendy, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...