Monday, January 19, 2015

Awakenings II, Companion Watercolour Of Spring Blossoms

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ~Douglas Adams


©Awakenings II, Watercolour and Ink, January 2015
    By Laura Leeder

I had plans to spend lot's of time in the studio last week, but that's not what happened!  Still, I managed to find a bit of time on the weekend to complete this small watercolour painting of Pink Dogwood Blossoms as a companion to my earlier painting of the White Dogwood Blossoms. 

Both paintings are approximately 7.5 x 6.5 inches and painted on 300lb cold press paper.  I liked the challenge of painting these delicate blossoms on this heavy textured paper. While it was a bit tricky sketching the ink lines, keeping the overall design simple helped a lot. 




















Awakenings, Watercolour and Ink, January 2015
By Laura Leeder

These are a good example of how our colour choices really affects the mood of a painting.   

This week I have lot's of paperwork to catch up on, still, I hope to get into the studio,  and get started on that teacup painting I mentioned in my last post.  

Have a great week and THANK YOU for stopping by, your comments are most welcome!

Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder


My Website
My Etsy Shop 

7 comments:

Win Dinn said...

Oh, these pink dogwood blooms are luscious, Laura - such a springtime feel to them!

Laura Leeder said...

Win, it's just the pick me up colour I need right now!

Eileen said...

The brown shadows give great depth.

Laura Leeder said...

Eileen, I agree. It helps to balance the strong pinks.

Pat said...

Fascinating to see the difference colour makes in the same post. Love both of them, for different reasons. The pink flowers are very cheerful and the white, quite serene.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Pat, I couldn't agree more!

Debbie Nolan said...

Laura - I so love your dogwoods...they are just beautiful whether they are white or pink. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...