Thursday, January 8, 2015

Awakenings, My 1st Watercolour Painting of 2015


"It is in awareness that we bring everything to life that lives within us. There is no time like the present to give birth to creativity. Listen and you will hear."  
~Kathleen Arnason


©Awakenings, Watercolour & Ink,January 2015
    By Laura Leeder

Some call flowering dogwood the "queen" of North American forests. This flowering dogwood is considered a beautiful ornamental tree with great appeal in all seasons.  

It "awakens" with showy flowers in the spring, and has graceful, arching branches with curved leaves and crimson berries that attract birds throughout the summer.  In Autumn dogwoods put on a brilliant display of red.  In the winter the bark puts on its own showy display with its unusual color and texture.     

The image size of this small study is 7.5 x 6.5 inches.   I'll be posting it for sale on-line by the weekend.  

Next week I'll be posting the progress of a teacup painting that I am working on and perhaps another small study of pink dogwood blossoms!

Have a great weekend and THANK YOU for stopping by, your comments are most welcome!

Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder

My Website
My Etsy Shop

11 comments:

Laura Moore said...

Such a pretty painting Laura. Beautifully thought out. Happy New Year.

Win Dinn said...

This is lovely, Laura - the colour combination is particularly light and appealing!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Laura and Win for your comments. I've been feeling particularly reflective this past week,hence the light,soft tones.

Celia Blanco said...

The subtle whites are beautifully mixed with the green leaves. An excellent start to the year!

Polly Birchall said...

Lovely painting so easy on the eye.

Polly Birchall said...

Lovely painting. So easy on the eye

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia and Polly! This one is quite different for me.

Debbie Nolan said...

Laura - this is so beautiful. Dogwood are always a favorite of mine. This painting makes me anxious for mine to bloom in the spring. Have a delightful week.

Laura Moore said...

Me again. Your dogwood keeps calling me back for another look. Really love it. xx

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Laura, can you feel the hug I'm sending you? Thanks for a great start to my day!

Christiane Kingsley said...

What a beautiful start to 2015 with a painting of spring flowers...I hope we are not too far away from seeing flowers again:-)
I love your delicate touch with watercolour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...