Friday, January 30, 2015

In Search Of A Title For My Newest Teacup Painting

"Today I'd like to sit and sip, forget about the world a bit, ignore the things I have to do, and just enjoy a cup or two.  Will you join me for some tea and company?"   


















©Floral Teacup, Watercolour, January 2015
    By Laura Leeder

This pretty floral teacup and saucer dusted with roses is my newest treasure.  I came across it last week in Cranbrook, while waiting for my husband to recover from a day surgery.  As I was walking past the hospital gift shop, I spied it sitting on a shelf and I could almost hear it beckoning me in.  A completed teacup painting flashed before my eye's and I knew immediately that it was mine!  Here, I've paired it with violet primrose blossom's and cutwork linen from my personal collection.

I will"live with it" over the weekend and see if anything shout's out at me to be adjusted.  I'm thinking the background need's to be a bit darker on the upper right side, and of course, a better photograph!  The size is approximately 6.25 x 7.75 inches.  I'm leaning towards Lady May as the title for this painting.  Any suggestions?   

Coming Soon ~ Reproduction prints

Next week, I will be posting listings for notecards and bookmarks of this painting in both my Etsy Shop and website.  

"The Teacup Series" is available in original paintings, reproduction prints, notecards and bookmarks.   

Visit my website or my Etsy Shop 

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!  Your comment's are welcome.

Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder, Creston Valley Artist

9 comments:

Win Dinn said...

Oh that's a beauty, Laura, and I love the temp title too! Not much tweaking required, methinks.

Eileen said...

Absolutely gorgeous. 'Lady May' is a good title, I think.

Laura Leeder said...

Win and Eileen, thank you both! I'm thinking Lady May it is!

Christiane Kingsley said...

"Lady May" seems perfect for this little gem!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Christiane, it seem's to be the favorite.

Celia Blanco said...

I love " Lady May"! It is gorgeous and delicate, eye candy!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia! Lady May it is!

Debbie Nolan said...

Laura - this is beautiful. I can see why that particular tea cup and saucer would call to you. The flowers and tablecloth just give it such a lovely touch. Always amazed at how well you draw and paint those ellipses. Just always enjoy seeing your teacups and saucers. Take care and have a great week.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Debbie! Oh, I struggle with them. Both my pencil and eraser get a lot of use!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...