Sunday, January 25, 2015

Primroses And Tea ~ A Sneak Peak In The Studio This Week

"An artist is alone with his/her art, but the art comes in huge multiplicity, and an almost promiscuous sense of what's next. The process is the fun; the product is only a possibility."  ~Vicki Easingwood

Here is what I'm working on this week:


Primroses and Tea, Watercolour In-progress, January 25, 2015
By Laura Leeder

Step 1: I'm fine-tuning the sketch, lightly penciling in the flower pattern along with the highlights and shadow details.  I've had to re-draw the base of the teacup, yet again......I think it's working now.  At this stage I have to really force myself to be patient, as all I want to do is dive into the paint and start dropping in colour!      

















Primroses and Tea, Watercolour In-progress, January 25, 2015
By Laura Leeder

Step 2:  Finally!  My first few glazes of colour.  My favorite part of the painting.  Anticipation is high as with each brush load of paint the initial shapes slowly emerge from the white of the paper. 

Thank You for stopping by!  Your comments are welcome and appreciated!    

Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder  


The Teacup Series is available in original paintings, reproduction prints, notecards and bookmarks.  

Visit my website or my Etsy Shop

10 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Laura - this is looking like it is going to be beautiful. I love the fact that you are able to capture cups and saucers so perfectly. Certainly must take much patience but well worth it when the end product is complete. Have a lovely day.

Laura Leeder said...

Debbie, you're so right, all the fussy detail is so worth it in the end.

Celia Blanco said...

I enjoy seeing your process Laura! I think this will be another show stopper, beautiful set up!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia, this stage of the painting is always exciting!

Win Dinn said...

So glad you got that pesky saucer headed in the right direction - I'm excited to see more colour on there too!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, so am I! (but that will soon turn to anxiety,the next stage of my paintings).

Eileen said...

The gold on the tea cup is already shimmering. Looking forward to seeing the cut work of the linen develop.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen, starting the cut work will be today's task.

Wendy Barrett said...

This is looking gorgeous so far Laura!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Wendy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...