Saturday, February 14, 2015

Change Is In The Air......

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another."
~ Anatole France














We've enjoyed our neighbors and acreage property in the country, but, it's time for one more change.   We are downsizing and moving into a smaller home and property in near by Creston.  Our plan is to spend our winters in town and the late spring and summer month's at our Kootenay lake retreat.  














I've been packing up the studio in preparation of the move in a week's time. 














I've left my paintings, prints and notecards for the last.  I will continue to accept and package all phone orders and on-line sales through the move.   














Over the past 5 years we've enjoyed the company of great neighbors in our quite cul-de-sac in the country.

We've spent many hours relaxing on our back deck and will miss our view of the surrounding countryside and mountains.    

Here's a look back through the season's..........










Late December 2014 (one of the heaviest snow falls in years)















Winter, January 2015



The ever changing sky from our back deck. 














Late Fall 2014


                                                                                           










Early Spring 2014














And lastly - mid Summer 2014

So, good bye to yet another phase of our lives and hello to the future~ full of promise, new friendships and possibilities.  

Have a great weekend and THANK YOU for stopping by.  I will be painting and posting again just as soon as I can work my way through some of the boxes and start organizing my new studio space.     
Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder

My Website
My Etsy Shop

"We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are." ~John C. Maxwell

6 comments:

Win Dinn said...

What a lovely 'sayonara' to your country home, Laura. May your move go easily and your new home fit like a beloved pair of lounging pjs!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks so much Win! Now, if I could only twinkle my nose and have all the boxes magically appear in our new home!

Celia Blanco said...

I hope the move goes without a hitch! I wish you all the best as you get settled in your new home!

Jane said...

Change is good Laura, wish you happiness in your new home !

Laura Moore said...

Hope the move went well Laura. Best wishes for your new home.

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

I'm going through this same thing now. I was reminded today that change, with some sort of loss (in your case that view) is merely making room for something new to come into your life. Or something like that, you get my drift!
It appears that you have settled in your new home now. May this new chapter be peaceful yet invigorating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...