Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Best Wishes Arrives In A Shade Of Orange

The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place.  ~ Barbara DeAngelis






















©Best Wishes, Watercolour and Ink, April 2015
    By Laura Leeder

I grew this beautiful orange rose in the flower garden of my previous home.  I was always in awe of it's shape, scent and it's many shades of orange.  I've taken several photos of it and while unpacking in my new home, I came across them once again.  

When one  embarks on a new venture or is beginning a new journey, florists will often suggest the gift of orange roses.  They are considered to be the perfect floral gift to celebrate new beginnings.   The colour orange also suggests enthusiasm, energy and best wishes to name a few.  

As I thought about these references to the orange rose an idea for a new painting began to take shape.  

This is my first painting completed in my new home and studio.  For me it's whimsical design helps to reinforce a feeling of celebration and "Best Wishes" for our new home and future journeys.

Best Wishes will be available in notecards very soon.     


Have a great week, THANK YOU for stopping by.

If you are in the Creston area, I have paintings on display in the Chamber Of Commerce and at Real Food Cafe.  A selection of notecards can be purchased locally at Creston Card and Stationary in the local art section and at Tigz Designs~Gift Baskets and Loose Leaf  Tea.

Creatively Yours,

Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

Shop on-line through my website or my Etsy Shop 

6 comments:

Win Dinn said...

A delightful piece, Laura - so very summery just when we need it most!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, with this cool spring, the warmth of summer will be most welcome!

Eileen said...

That orange is soooooo... rich!

Laura Leeder said...

And fun to work with Eileen!

Celia Blanco said...

This is so special Laura! Magical qualities in the colors and love the combination of line and color! It's great to know you are settling in well!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...