Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I'm Back In The Studio And Getting Into The Spring Of Things....

Welcome Spring!

















©All photos by artist Laura Leeder, April 2015 

What a busy few months it has been!  We've moved from the country into our new home in Creston. It is no small task sorting, purging, packing and cleaning an acreage and then unpacking and starting all over again. 

















Up until last week my new studio space  looked like this.

















Just as soon as we had unpacked enough boxes to be semi-comfortable, we took off to Sandpoint, Idaho for a much needed break.  A few days relaxing by the lake, a shopping trip to Couer d' Alene, daily soaks in the hot tub and it was time to come home and continue unpacking boxes and settling in.



















Keeping my eye on Kenya while she explores.............

















Kenya, our teacup Yorkshire terrier.

















Back home, it was time to head into the studio.  

















These pretty spring blossoms (primrose) encouraged me on as I worked my way through box after box.

















With new lighting in place and a temporary table set-up, I am ready to get back to work.



    













I've been busy printing and packing notecard orders and shipping these off to new homes throughout the US and across Canada.    I've also added a few greetings to select cards in the teacup and floral series.  These will be available on-line in the next few weeks.




  



©Watercolour painting in-progress by Laura Leeder, April 1, 2015

But I didn't stop there. Eager to get back into the "spring of things", I have started a small rose painting. This one is familiar to me as I've painted it before.  Although my goal here is to paint it's essence and not a realistic impression.

  
















©Lady May, watercolour painting by Laura Leeder, 2015

And last but not least......prints are finally available of the above painting, the newest in my teacup series.

The sizes are: 5x7 inches apx. and 8x10 inches apx.  I will try to get these signed and post on-line for sale within the next week or two.  If you are interested in one, please contact me by email or phone and I will reserve one for you.  Phone 250-402-6599   Email: lauraleeder@gmail.com

I miss my weekly contact with so many of you and I especially look forward to catching up with my art and blogging friends.

Have a great week and THANK YOU for stopping by.

If you are in the Creston area, I have paintings on display in the Chamber Of Commerce and at Real Food Cafe.  A selection of notecards can be purchased locally at Creston Card and Stationary in the local art section and at Tigz Designs~Gift Baskets and Loose Leaf  Tea.

Creatively Yours,

Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

Visit my website or my Etsy Shop

14 comments:

Mellowood Gallery said...

fabulous Laura. You have accomplished so much this winter. Your studio looks like it is a great space for you to 'do your thing' and the fact that you have managed to get some of your card sets together is amazing. I am not surprised you needed a break. take it easy and enjoy the spring!

Eileen said...

Congratulations on getting your new studio organized. 'Lady May' is a beauty.

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

Move accomplished! All the purging, clearing out and packing is over with for you. It's something we are right in the midst of and I fully appreciate how taxing it all is.
So pleased that you have your studio functioning even if it isn't finely tuned just yet. And lovely to see you back blogging!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Alice! It has been an exhausting few months, but, well worth it! Our new home has a cottage style feel and with a bit of love it will be quite comfy. Best of luck with your move!

Laura Leeder said...

Val, I am liking my new studio. While it is a bit smaller, it has better storage and with two big windows, I feel more connected to the outdoors here. Thanks for the reminder to take time and enjoy our beautiful spring!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen, I am relieved to finally get my studio set-up enough that I can start painting again. (I am happy with Lady May)

Win Dinn said...

I love your new studio space, Laura, and I can see that it is already a perfect fit. Lady May is a gorgeous addition to your line!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, I feel quite comfortable in there and Lady May is fast becoming the new favorite!

Judy said...

Great to see you back after your move. Enjoy your new studio!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Judy, just like my painting on the table my studio is also a work-in-progress!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Laura, you have been so busy! I hope you will love your new studio, but I know that I will love your new rose painting...it already looks fabulous.
Don't work too hard.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Christiane! A very busy time for all of us, take care!

Celia Blanco said...

Thank you for sharing your new space! Your rose painting is also coming along beautifully!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia! Happy Easter Weekend to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...