Sunday, July 5, 2015

This Summer Discover The Wealth Of Talented Artists And Artisans On The East Shore Of Kootenay Lake.

"A man's life is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened." ~ Albert Camus


















Enjoy a leisure drive along the beautiful East Shore of Kootenay Lake this summer and visit the many galleries and businesses with the Kootenay Lake ART Connection logo.  You won't be disappointed!

Paintings by Sandy Kunze



Last week I took in the 1st venue on the tour  - the Kunze Gallery in Wynndel, BC.  Owner Sandy Kunze paints colourful large-scale still life paintings and creates richly textured, 3 dimension clay pieces.  The gallery features paintings, pottery, sculpture and photography by several other artists as well.



















This gallery is a "must see" on your drive through the Kootenays'.



  



The visual feast starts the moment you enter the courtyard and continues in the "little gift shop" and the main gallery.  



























































































































































































































Photo's by artist Laura Leeder, June 2015

A brochure of the tour can be picked up wherever the Art connection logo is displayed and at the Chamber of Commerce in Crawford Bay.

Next week I will feature the Circle Of Friends Artisan Shoppe (#28 on the Art Connection Tour)and where my artwork is showcased.

With summer now upon us, I hope you will make time to "stop and smell the roses".  Get outdoors and enjoy all that mother nature has to offer.



Pink Peace Rose by Laura Leeder 




Creatively Yours,
Laura Leeder
Watercolour Artist, Kootenay, BC    


Shop on-line for original paintings, reproduction prints, and notecards on my Website and/or my Etsy Shop

10 comments:

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

Impressive!
I think I know the jurors!

Laura Leeder said...

You must visit here on your next trip to the valley Alice. Thanks for stopping by, take care.

Eileen Gidman said...

Thanks for the visual tour. I will definitely take it in.

Win Dinn said...

Wonderful post, Laura - and the gallery was a treat to visit!

Laura Leeder said...

Eileen and Win, it was a treat! So much talent displayed here.

Debbie Nolan said...

Laura - this looks like a wonderful place to visit. It is always fun to see and be inspired by others' art. I know yours always inspires me. Your rose is truly lovely. Your special style is always recognizable. Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Laura Leeder said...

Debbie, thanks for your kinds words. I am enjoying the sumemr, as I hope you are as well.

Laura Leeder said...

Debbie, thanks for your kinds words. I am enjoying the sumemr, as I hope you are as well.

Celia Blanco said...

The gallery is inspirational and I love the works being showcased!Thank you for sharing, I hope your summer is going well!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Celia, I'm enjoying lot's of time at the lake. Happy Summer to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...