Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Newest Teacup Painting Pays Tribute To Both Late Summer And Early Fall

Said the little daisy, "I am very well content
      To live simply in the meadow where the sun and rain are sent;
      Where the bees all gather sweetness, and the dew falls on my head,
      And the radiance of the moonlight is all around me shed.
"The grass and clover blossoms admire my beauty all day long,
      As I listen to the music of a bird's delightful song..."

~Gertrude Tooley Buckingham, "Two Little Daisies" (1940s)



















Lady Beatrice, Teacup Watercolour Painting, August 19, 2015
By Artist Laura Leeder

Lady Beatrice ~ My newest teacup painting pays tribute to late summer and early fall. 

I've long wanted to include this pretty multi-coloured floral teacup in a painting. The gloriosa daisy beautifully complements the delicate blue flowers and pulls forward the cheerful yellow and rich gold in the teacup.   I also chose the lace for it's suggested daisy pattern.  

A few other common names for the gloriosa daisy are black-eyed susan, brown betty and yellow oxe-eye daisy. 

These warm, yellow gold daisies symbolize, affection, stability, happiness, cheerfulness, a glad heart and sunshine.  In late August when all the other flowers are losing their vigor, these daisies continue to put on a glorious show of colour well into late October.  As the name Beatrice means "a bringer of gladness" and has a royal heritage, the title Lady Beatrice seemed a perfect fit.  

Lady Beatrice is now available as a limited Edition Print and in notecards.

Shop on-line for original paintings, reproduction prints, and notecards on my Website and/or my Etsy Shop.

Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful week, 
Creatively Yours, Laura Leeder ~ Creston Valley Artist

9 comments:

Celia Blanco said...

Beautiful combination of flowers! I love the teacup, expertly rendered! Black-eyed Susan's remind me of home. My mom grows them in her garden.

Judy said...

Lady Beatrice is a beauty! I know this flower as black eyed Susan and they are gorgeous!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Celia and Judy. I too have called them black eyed Susan and I always have some in my garden.

Christiane Kingsley said...

What a perfect painting, Laura! Your delicate lace painting is always stunning and the teacup and flower combine to create such serenity!

Cora said...

This is really a beauty. You have done the painting gorgeously. I like the cheerful colors of the flowers on the teacup.

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Christiane!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Cora!

Win Dinn said...

A lovely painting, Laura - so fresh and reminiscent of both seasons!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank's ever so much Win!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...