Monday, September 28, 2015

I'm Back In The Studio With A Newly Completed Teacup Painting!

"The days may not be so bright and balmy—yet the quiet and melancholy that linger around them is fraught with glory. Over everything connected with autumn there lingers some golden spell—some unseen influence that penetrates the soul with its mysterious power." ~Northern Advocate



















Celebration Tea, Watercolour (6.75 x 8 inches), September 2015 
By Laura Leeder 

Autumn ~ The year's last, loveliest smile is here......let's celebrate with a hot cup of tea, sitting outdoors, amidst the ever-changing colours of the season and under the warmth of the late afternoon sun.  

I spied this blue and white teacup on the shelf of an antique shop and fell in love with it! I'm thrilled to be adding it to my small,  but growing, teacup collection.  Here, I've paired it with three rose begonias in autumn shades of yellow-gold with a hint of burnt orange and crimson red.   While they bloom through out the summer, they due particularly well in the cooler, early fall weather.  

Reproduction prints and notecards available soon.
(Send me an email if you are interested.  E-mail: lauraleeder@gmail.com

It feels so good to be back in the studio creating again! I've spent most of my summer and early fall, at our lakeside retreat. I'll be travelling over the next two weeks visiting family.  So I won't have a new post up again until the end of the month.  

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are always welcome, have a wonderful October!

Creatively Yours, 

Laura Leeder, Watercolour Artist, Creston, BC

Shop on-line for original paintings, reproduction prints, and notecards on my Website and/or my Etsy Shop.

10 comments:

Mellowood Gallery said...

Lovely painting Laura, I have a number of tea cups that belonged to my Mum which I have never used. If you would like to add them to your collection I would be pleased to give them to you. - let me know.

Eileen Gidman said...

Look at all the flower colours in the reflections. I love that.

Win Dinn said...

What a lovely find, Laura, and a painting to match. The gorgeous autumnal colours are pure joy!

Laura Leeder said...

Many thanks Val! I would love to take a look at your mother's teacups. I'm always on the hunt....

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Eileen, I do like exaggerating the colours in my reflections and shadows.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, I agree, fall colours are quite special.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Beautiful teacup and great painting!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank you so much Christiane!

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Laura this is so beautiful and feminine. Love the soft colors of the shadows. Makes such a harmonious touch. Hope your travels are blessed.

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Deborah. It was a nice change to work with this blue patterned teacup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...