Saturday, January 30, 2016

Art Party ~ Fabric Painting On Aprons

LIFE is a great big CANVAS, throw all the paint you can on it.  ~Danny Kaye

..... and that's just what happened last week when I participated in a fabric painting party with local artists Eileen, Gail and Win.   
 
©Apron close-up by Laura Leeder, January 2016

Gail, a clothing designer brought in jersey fabrics that she proceeded to stamp in an all-over block print as shown here.   


Eileen, Win and I started  a practice piece first.  We stamped, splattered and threw paint on scrap paper and hankerchiefs that Eileen provided us with. 

©Eileen's Sample Hankerchief, January 2016

©Win's Sample Hankerchief, January 2016
  
©And last, but not least.......my hankerchief  sample. I stamped first onto a larger news print that my hankie was sitting atop.  I did this to get a more vintage look.

©Eileen Gidman working on her apron.

©Win Din with her apron.

Everyone brought a variety of stamps and stencils to try.  By the time we completed our samples it was agreed that our favorite stamps were the Art Foamies.  I had never tried these before and I was so impressed, that I used them exclusively on my apron.  

 (quoting Win)  "These fabulous stamps are not only beautifully designed, they're crisp, easy to handle and even easier to clean.  We LOVED them!"


©Laura Leeder (me) working on my nature themed apron.  

©My completed, nature themed, vintage apron.

It was such a treat to get out of my own studio and try something new.  I find it so interesting to see how each artist approaches their work and creates such uniquely different pieces.  

A special thanks to Eileen for hosting this art party.  

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder 

p.s. I've been working on a brand new website and design.  While it's still a work in progress, it's now published and you can check it out here: www.lauraleeder.com

5 comments:

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

Well Laura Leeder, I have now read three accounts of this fabric painting party and I must say that all of them were excellent reads and visual delights. Thanks for yours.
It's always wonderful to see other groups of artists at play!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Alice, enjoy your day!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Laura - this looks like a fun thing to do. Love your Nature apron. Just beautiful friend. I can see more parties of this type on the horizon. Hope you have a great week.

Win Dinn said...

Wonderful post, Laura; this was so much fun I want to do it again immediately!!! Bags, running shoes, tees?!

Eileen Gidman said...

What a great art party that was! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...